Fred Meyer Deli Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fred Meyer Deli Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Issaquah, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easygoing and dare I say, fun. The lady I spoke with was very happy to see me and very interactive. There seemed to be a love for her job and an eagerness to make me comfortable and excited for the position that I was set to fulfill within the company. Overall a great interview with no hurdles.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to pass a drug test despite being a Washington resident?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fred Meyer

Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Albany, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Very professional. The Human Resource Director was friendly and compassionate, Asked good, thought-provoking questions. Explained in detail the necessary requirements for the job position and Fred Meyer's wants and needs.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when another employee acts in a spontaneous manner? What are your expectations? Are you a person who follows policies? Give a specific incident of above and beyond customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bonney Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Bonney Lake, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

First I applied online and then about a week or so later I got a message on my phone asking me to call them to schedule an interview. I called back and they asked me a few questions (one being "what does good customer service meant to you?") and then we scheduled my interview for Sunday the 20th and the interview it self was easier than I thought it would be and I thought it went pretty smoothly but unfortunately I didn't get the job

Interview Questions

• what would help you be successful working at Fred Meyer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for a phone screening. After passing that I went in for a one on one interview with a service manager. She assured me at the end of the interview that she'd be in touch within a few days but I knew I hadn't gotten the position. I never got a call and about 1.5 months later I got a form email saying my application had been closed.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel working in an environment without external rewards? How do you handle it when coworkers are chatty?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Puyallup, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the position and followed up once a week until I received a call for a phone interview. They asked me questions about my availability and if I can perform the duties of the job. The interview was set up for the following day. I met with the Service Deli Manager and the interview was 15-20 minutes. When the interview was over, I asked how long it would take to hear back from someone and they told me 1-3 days. I was just leaving the store when I get a call from HR to say that I was hired and to come back in and fill out some paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, called in a few weeks later. Was told to show up 20 minutes early, and to bring ID. I was asked where I wanted to work, and we discussed the pay, hours, and the manager of that position and the conditions I would be working in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Who is someone you know that goes by the facts?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bonney Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Bonney Lake, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call two days later; was asked a few simple questions over the phone (why do I want this position?). Came in for an interview three days later. Was told I would receive a phone call four days later to tell me yay or nay; I wasted an entire Saturday waiting for a call I never received.

Interview Questions

• What personal experiences, inside and outside of work, are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grants Pass, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Grants Pass, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Went very smooth, was put at ease right away. Very friendly. I was asked legitimate questions, things that actually applied to the position. I was made to feel at ease. Not sure what else to say, the interview was pleasant. The interviewer was dressed in Fred Meyer gear, very casual.

Interview Questions

• What was your least fav job?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

The interview process was just a simple sit down with HR and the manager of the Deli, Both where pretty friendly. After meeting with the two I was given a tour of the store while I talked about possible responsibilities that the job would require me to do.

Anonymous Employee in Grants Pass, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Grants Pass, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Manager was not there on this particular day and the HR person handled the interview. She was super nice, and I felt at ease during the questions. I tend to ramble and kept reminding myself internally 'be quiet'. The interviewer had a set of questions to ask that had been generated by my online quiz, they were not difficult but real time type questions. It was a pleasant experience and I was offered employment after.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite job? Why?   1 Answer