Fred Meyer Grocery Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fred Meyer Grocery Clerk Interview Questions

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, called hiring manager, asked to be interview (since I’ve worked there before), met with her and was given the position. It's pretty easy once you pass the online personality quiz.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fred Meyer

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Wednesday morning. Received a call from some third party recruiter about the job that same night to set up an interview. My interview was Friday morning, in store. I met with a lady from the HR department for maybe 15 minutes and I left with a pretty good feeling about my chances. I sent her a quick thank-you note Sunday in the evening to clear up the uncertainties she had expressed during our interview. Monday morning I got the call from her inviting me in to take my drug test and to finish the application process.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with people who have aggressive personalities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Anchorage, AK) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was barely that, i don't even remember the lady asking me questions... i was offered the job on the spot and accepted. The next day i came back to the store to do a drug test. The oreintation took three days ( you will watch videos and read a big packet about rules and such) then i started on Friday with a "buddy shift". This is where someone will train you in your job area for two days ( if you are lucky). You are pretty much thrown under the bus, so you better learn fast.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tillamook, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Tillamook, OR) in May 2013.

Interview

the interview process went really fast they asked simple questions and before i knew it they were asking if i wanted to do a second interview right after the first. then next thing i know i am getting offered a job.

Interview Questions

• what are some instances where you had to follow written directions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Medford, OR) in September 2010.

Interview

You can only apply online on the fred meyer website. it takes a long time and they have a lot of multiple choice questions. It took maybe 3 days to a week for them to contact me and we set up an appointment for a couple days from then. The interview was pretty relaxed. There was just the HR person and the department manager there. it only took about 5 minutes then they took a saliva drug test. They told me i was hired on the spot and i started about a week later.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly concerned with my previous work experience and how important i thought customer service was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't much to negotiate. if you're highly qualified with prior experience then you can maybe get a higher pay but if you don't have any similar experience then you'll probably be put close to minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Salem, OR) in April 2010.

Interview

i cant really comment on my interview being that i was interviwed by my uncle,.. but before leaving the company i sat in on sever interviews,.. and from what i observed the only constant questions asked were
    "whay should we hire you"
    "do you have any retail exp."
    how dependable are you? rate yourself from 1=10"
    "quality of work from 1-10"
    how important is being on time? rate importance from 1-10"
    otherwisw,. said interviewer might add lib,.

Interview Questions

• rate yourself from 1-10 questions   1 Answer
    • we are hireing multiple people for this position,why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

its a take it or leave it sort of situation,. all non entry level positions are fitted internally,.. so expect entry level positions only,.. IE bottle return,cart pusher, gas pumper (at select locations)