Fred Meyer Home Sales Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fred Meyer Home Sales Clerk Interview Questions

2.0

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Kent, WA).

Interview

The interview was not that bad, the hr guy was really nice. I applied online and got called in about two weeks for a screening interview then I was asked easy questions based on what i would do in this situation, or whats the best customer service experience was. He liked me so my application was passed on to the home department manager. I did not hear back for about a week and a half so I called back and asked the status of my application. I was called the next day to come in for interview with the home department manager. He was also really nice, and the questions were a bit harder, it was a friday and i was told I would hear back monday if i got the job. And I did!

Interview Questions

• How would you change a negative situation into a bad one?   Answer Question
  • Whats the best customer service experience you have given?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if you came into work with a bad mood?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just said minimum. Fred Meyers pays a little bit above minimum,

Other Interview Reviews for Fred Meyer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Bellevue, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Basic questions focused more on past experiences in labor. Not so much to see how much you know, but if you will be a good fit to provide highly satisfied customer service as this is the company goal.

Interview Questions

• tell me of a time where you had to overcome an obstacle to achieve company or team goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mill Creek, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Mill Creek, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Scheduled an interview over the phone, had one interview with HR then another with the Home Manager who hired me on the spot. Process took about 4 weeks. Others have taken longer with another interview in between.

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Corvallis, OR) in May 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by the HR manager and the Home department manager and they just asked a bunch of different questions. The interview lasted about 15 min.

Interview Questions

• What is most important to you in a job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Corvallis, OR) in October 2011.

Interview

After I applied online and took a questionnaire to determine if I would work well in a retail environment, I had a 1 on 1 interview with the stores HR. HR had more detailed questions and then decided that I would do well in the Home department and that there was an opening. I then had an interview with the home manager and was given a formal offer which I took. I had to wait for a drug test and background check to come back before I started working.

Interview Questions

• Given different scenarios that come up during retail and how I would react.   Answer Question