Fred Meyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

2.6

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Tualatin, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Discussed the position, asked about my long-term goals, discussed hours and requirements, they explained to me what benefits came with the job. I asked about salary and exactly how the hours worked.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Asked pretty basic retail questions that I was unprepared for. The interviewer thought he was a hot-shot because he has worked at Fred Meyers for 11 years. If you have no expectations for yourself and don't have any skills, you will get this job.

Seasonal Apparel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grants Pass, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Grants Pass, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was friendly and concise. Left interview twice to help customers (This is a positive for me). She didn't rush through the interview and seemed to go out of her way to make me feel comfortable with the process. Assured me I would know the outcome in two days. Explained several positions and the expectations that go with them. Business casual is perfectly acceptable attire.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Fred Meyer?   1 Answer

Part Timeassociate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fred Meyer in September 2016.

Interview

I apply on line and got an email about will receive phone screen soon. After 4 weeks, receive phone screen during the week. The recruiter asked me 3 questions about customer service. Finally before hang up, she said you will be moved to interview if are chosen. Next day got an email not offered.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

I showed up early (maybe too early) and the interview was extremely brief, about five minutes. I was only asked three questions regarding customer service (how you treat customers, how you've been treated as a customer, etc). I thought I did pretty well but didn't get the job. The interviewer was very nice though.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Same-day interview. I was interviewed with another person. Was okay. Odd process, didn't get an offer. Was in a back stock room. The lady seemed grumpy, and asked basic questions. I was declined on the spot,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Kent, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter and asked customer service questions, then offered an interview at Kent (Midway) store. Arrived at interview on scheduled day and checked in approx. 20 minutes early. Was kept waiting about 25 minutes when interviewer (HR person) couldn't be located. Thought this was extremely disrespectful of me and my time and she should have rescheduled or at least communicated with someone what she was doing. I should have left. Finally, was told she was "observing" management interviews in store and but didn't bother to tell anyone so her unprepared assistant was sent to interview me. He asked usual questions read off a list and finished interview with, "don't take this personally, but if you smoke weed and do a drug test, the results won't come back until after you're hired and you'll be let go on the spot." I found this puzzling and told him I didn't imbibe since it's against federal law and I don't anyway. Again, unprofessional and I should have not interviewed with someone who didn't have the power to hire. Received impersonal "thanks but no thanks" email two days later. I have over 20 years of customer service experience, what do they want? Not impressed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite job? What does good customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Eugene, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. About two weeks later, I was called in for an interview. I was excited because I had two friends who were in the same boat as me (getting their first job) and had no problem getting hired. It was a group interview, and I was the only interviewee that had dressed up and brought a resume. The other two were 40-something men in jeans. We all had to advertise a product to the hiring manager, and I pretty much commandeered the whole thing. I felt that I did amazing at the interview and I proved to be very competent. However, two days later I got the blanket email telling me that I didn't get the job.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fife, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Fife, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Apply online,if they like your application the email an invite to take online assessment, if you pass that,they call you and do a phone interview, if they like your interview they invite you to a in person hiring event / face to face interview. From there you wait for a call either with a job offer pending you pass a drug test and a full background check,or they call to say you were not chosen.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a upset or difficult customer and made it a positive both for the customer and company.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Meridian, ID) in May 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly, courteous, and kind. The interview took place in an unused break or meeting room where oddly there was a customer (or off-duty employee) sitting for the first few minutes. Previous interviewees came out in less than ten minutes; I was in for well over 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I remember "how do you feel about change?" and "do you see yourself as a leader type?"   1 Answer