Fred Meyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

Application

I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Medford, OR) in November 2013.

Interview

An online assessment subjected me to questions about my dislike for small talk, my ability to "know" what other people are thinking and my preference for social activities that involve big crowds. The questions asked during this assessment were identical to those used in diagnostic screenings for autism spectrum disorder.

Interview Questions

• "You do not like small talk."   1 Answer
    • "It's fun to go out to events with big crowds."   1 Answer
    • "It is easy for you to feel what others are feeling."   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer in December 2008.

Interview

First a phone call, then a 'soft' interview to see if you are right for Fred Meyer, then an interview with a manager, then a final 3rd interview after a saliva drug test with corporate staff member. They run background checks as well. The process took awhile for myself - it was a long wait from the time I first applied to when I finally was hired until I worked my first day of training.

Interview Questions

• A shoplifter pulls a knife on you, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • How to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating, not flexible with pay or schedules. Very strict on policy.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Same-day interview. I was interviewed with another person. Was okay. Odd process, didn't get an offer. Was in a back stock room. The lady seemed grumpy, and asked basic questions. I was declined on the spot,

Person In Charge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Snohomish, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Snohomish, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had 4 interviews with 4 different people. 2 HR representatives and 2 managers. The first interview was about my experience for the position. The next two interviews where about how I'd deal with certain situations. The last interview discussed salary and had a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What are your future plans or goals?   1 Answer

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fife, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Fife, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Apply online,if they like your application the email an invite to take online assessment, if you pass that,they call you and do a phone interview, if they like your interview they invite you to a in person hiring event / face to face interview. From there you wait for a call either with a job offer pending you pass a drug test and a full background check,or they call to say you were not chosen.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a upset or difficult customer and made it a positive both for the customer and company.   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the head pharmacist who was very nice but he was nervous about this being the first time since he was promoted to lead pharmacist that he was interviewing people. He had a printed copy of a test of basic pharmacy questions like matching the brand name of a drug to its generic name and translating written prescriptions. There was several math problems and he Ted me counting and pouring a 100 pills and checked my accuracy.

Interview Questions

• If a patient wanted to know what medication they should use for a headache could I offer my assistance?   1 Answer

Assistant Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Fred Meyer uses a behavior-based interview approach. Each interview is a panel interview. The panel can ask as many questions as time allows, including follow-up and technical questions. Interviews are in person. Each question is scored and averaged. Some interviews require a presentation.

Interview Questions

• What was the best job you ever had? Why? When was this?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Spokane, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Had two interviews. First interviewer seemed disinterested and was just filling in for the hiring manager. Second interviewer was very enthusiastic and engaging. The questions were mainly behaviorally based, and for some reason not just about my behavior and how I would react in situations, but about other people's behavior that I had noticed on previous jobs. I did not get the job, and the interviewers refused to provide me with feedback about what I could do to better my chances of being hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are the pros and cons of problem solving? Name a time on the job where you had difficulty with your co-workers, and how you solved it. What is something you struggle with daily? And how do you resolve it?   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bonney Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Bonney Lake, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call two days later; was asked a few simple questions over the phone (why do I want this position?). Came in for an interview three days later. Was told I would receive a phone call four days later to tell me yay or nay; I wasted an entire Saturday waiting for a call I never received.

Interview Questions

• What personal experiences, inside and outside of work, are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Home and Garden Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseburg, OR

Application

I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Roseburg, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted almost immediately for an interview at the store. It was a group interview where the manager asked all in the interview 6 questions to answer without using the same answer that someone else gave. it was a difficult process some of the time. After the 6 questions had been answered by everyone in attendance, we all filled out a two page questionnaire and handed it in. Then we were allowed to leave.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at Fred Meyer?   1 Answer