Fred Meyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fred Meyer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.2

Anything Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

It wasnt very long it took about a week. called and told me to come in and so i did than they asked me questions and then called me in and told me i had the job than came i with group and did it all togteher

DC Order Filler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

Quick and easy, not much to it, asked basic questions that seemed rather easy to answer. Nothing really to worry about. The only people that really got hired were people with employee referrals.

DC Order Filler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer in January 2017.

Interview

Took over a month to even get in the door and 2 1/2 weeks to get someone on the phone (when they were supposed to call me)... I'm persistent. After the "skills" test (basic math) you will be interviewed by a man and a woman. The woman will make eye contact with you and actually talk to you, while the man didn't even bat an eyeball at me or shake my hand at the end of the interview like how disrespectful and rude... He was just reading off questions off his questionare and at the end of the interview he looks over at the lady and goes "am I done?" Like I'm wasting his time.

They will age discrimate as I am 19 they kept on the fact that "if it's a sunny day in the middle of summer and all my friends are hanging out I still have to come into work" like I know? I'm not some kid like c'mon.

Interview Questions

• "If it's a sunny day in the middle of summer and all your friends are hanging out you still would have to come into work"   1 Answer

General Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied at an open interview event, pretty straight forward. Easy interview all things considered. Applied online first, and went in for the hiring event the next day, 1 on 1 interview, with a few other people in front of me. In some sort of back office.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

My first interview went good asked me basic questions then I got called back for a following interview and at my second interview I got drug tested with a swab test in the mouth

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work here   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Redmond, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

First I got a call from their recruiting agency to ask sone basic personality testing questions. Then I got invited for an in person interview which went great. They were very friendly and polite. I felt more like I was having a conversation than giving an interview. Next I got scheduled for a background check and drug screen and then had orientation shortly after that.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies and how will they contribute to your success here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Asked pretty basic retail questions that I was unprepared for. The interviewer thought he was a hot-shot because he has worked at Fred Meyers for 11 years. If you have no expectations for yourself and don't have any skills, you will get this job.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Issaquah, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easygoing and dare I say, fun. The lady I spoke with was very happy to see me and very interactive. There seemed to be a love for her job and an eagerness to make me comfortable and excited for the position that I was set to fulfill within the company. Overall a great interview with no hurdles.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to pass a drug test despite being a Washington resident?   Answer Question

Assistant Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Fast paced, very informative, answered all my questions. Quick contact and good response time after interview. Time between interview and hire was 4 days. Met with multiple individuals during interview process.

Apparel Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Place, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (University Place, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

The in-person interview was fast paced and has some really easy questions to answer. You must get past the third party system who screens all the applicants first though and they don't know anything about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you didn't get along with another employee, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question