Fred Meyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2017

2.1

Lead Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Salem, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

It was very in depth. They wanted to know how I handle diversity, rude customers, etc. They also wanted to know if I was able to fill in for people, and work over night.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Anchorage, AK) in November 2017.

Interview

I came in early and wait about 10 min and the interviewer come and take me to interview. The question were easy. Some question were why do you want to work at Fred Meyer, how will you be 5 years.

Clerk Interview

Interview

simple interview with simple questions anyone should do it, such as where you see yourself in this company etc, or what made you want to work here etc very simple questions

Apparel Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oregon City, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Oregon City, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

This will be a group interview it’s not very personal. They ask weird questions. Some questions that don’t even have to do with the Job. It takes them about two weeks to get back to you. If you really want the job you’ll have to keep calling.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

Very quick interview. The background checks, drug tests, and overall length it took before getting a follow-up call was longer than normal. The interview was first on the phone, then went on to being a one on one interview, and finally a group orientation on what was expected of all employees.

E-commerce Filler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Medford, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

I went in for ecommerce filler, was kind of directed toward service deli clerk, I never did food serve. So kind of threw me off, i got no feel for the interview when i left you either know you nailed it or you didn't i had none of those vibes. I called back next day and offered i turned it down since i did not like the shifts that where offered. Part time jobs my belief should not make you have to be available 24-7.

Interview Questions

• How would you make it right for a customer   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Bellingham, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial discussion about career opportunities and job responsibilities, then a formal interview was conducted. Questions ranged from conflict to time management. I was also asked about what my interests were and how I could apply those to the company and internship.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you handled a disagreement between a fellow co-worker?   1 Answer

Food Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It is a typical interview. You will be asked questions typical of any service industry. You will answer said questions to the best of your ability, and finally, they may make an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer?   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

IMPORTANT NOTE 1: They said they no longer hire for skill but hire for friendliness now.

IMPORTANT NOTE 2: Only teens and early-20's adults are hired as parcels at the Fred Meyer I was hired at; no older adults.

IMPORTANT NOTE 3: The online applications did nothing; going in for a hiring event is what got me a job--they have these twice a year. This is when most of our department was hired. Once every two months though they did hire a new parcel.

IMPORTANT NOTE 3: All the parcels that were hired could start immediately or a week later.

I interviewed at two Fred Meyers. One was a drop-in group interview. A second was a first round of drop-in, individual interviews followed by a scheduled group interview. The interview questions were almost the same at both stores. You had to wait for a long time in both places so I only made it to two stores before the event ended. If you fill out an online application then Kroger will email you about the events. After the individual interview they said they would call back the next day; I got no call and assumed I wasn't hired. A few days later I was called in for an interview (a week after the first one), and started a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer had a complaint?
      Describe a time you resolved a conflict.
      What would you do if a customer passed by while you were doing a task?
      What is your preferred position?   1 Answer

Bakery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Battle Ground, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Battle Ground, WA).

Interview

Short and brief, very informative, and also pretty chill. It was over in a few minutes, other than watching tons of educational videos. The videos were about the company's history and customer service tips.