Fred Meyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.1

Seasonal Apparel Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Puyallup, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online, didn't hear back from them for about a week. They gave me a quick phone screening then scheduled the interview for a few days later. It actually got pushed back twice. I went in 15 minutes early as instructed and guest services told me to go sit in the cafeteria. Then the interviewer took me to their office upstairs. There were only a few easy questions asked, and then I got hired on the spot. I was given a cheek swab drug test as I filled out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• (phone) How would you show customers you appreciate them?   Answer Question
    • What was something you liked about your old job? What did you dislike about it?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you believe are necessary for this job?   Answer Question

Graveyard Freight Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Tualatin, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was fun and casual for the most part. I had two seperate interviews because one was a recommendation from the first. Both interviewers were super friendly and chatty. There weren't any difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Why shouldn't I hire you?   1 Answer
    • Are there advantages and disadvantages to being optimistic?   1 Answer

Home Electronics Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Kennewick, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

As they were hiring seasonal at the time, they were doing a lot of group interviews. Mine was with 2 other people and we sat a tables and filled out some basic information about us including our availability and positions we wanted. The interviewer then talked for half an hour about the company. She then asked each of us a question about customer service and then had us write out another question about what skills we wanted to develop most.

CCK Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oregon City, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Oregon City, OR).

Interview

She led me into a quiet room and introduced herself. Spoke about the company, what they offer, what they could offer to me, and asked me about my past experience. I was nervous but she was very kind and welcoming. She asked me what I expected from this job, some questions about my past experience, and what I wanted as pay.

Interview Questions

• What past experience prepared you for this role to work with customer service?   Answer Question

Apparel Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

It was a very relaxed easy going interview process. Fairly standard questions and experience, interest, work ethic, and desire. Dress for the job you want. The overall experience was very good, HR made me feel very comfortable and relaxed.

Part Timeassociate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fred Meyer in September 2016.

Interview

I apply on line and got an email about will receive phone screen soon. After 4 weeks, receive phone screen during the week. The recruiter asked me 3 questions about customer service. Finally before hang up, she said you will be moved to interview if are chosen. Next day got an email not offered.

Apparel Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Place, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (University Place, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

The in-person interview was fast paced and has some really easy questions to answer. You must get past the third party system who screens all the applicants first though and they don't know anything about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you didn't get along with another employee, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied online and came in for an interview with the Loss Prevention Manager(LPM) and Human Resource Manager and asked typical interview questions. Was then a different day interviewed by the District LPM and questioned once more but this time more seriously. After two interviews I was called by the LPM and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• -What prior experience in Loss Prevention do you have?
      -Explain a time you gave great customer service.
      -Scenario based questions not necessarily relevant to LP.
      Answer Question

Assistant Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Fast paced, very informative, answered all my questions. Quick contact and good response time after interview. Time between interview and hire was 4 days. Met with multiple individuals during interview process.

CCK Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online and got a call 2 weeks later for an in person interview. The interview itself only lasted 20 minutes with very simple questions. Got offered the job on the spot and scheduled to come in the next day for an oral drug test.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you were in a group and socialized instead of working?   Answer Question