Fred Meyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2017

2.1

Apparel Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Place, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (University Place, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

The in-person interview was fast paced and has some really easy questions to answer. You must get past the third party system who screens all the applicants first though and they don't know anything about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you didn't get along with another employee, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied online and came in for an interview with the Loss Prevention Manager(LPM) and Human Resource Manager and asked typical interview questions. Was then a different day interviewed by the District LPM and questioned once more but this time more seriously. After two interviews I was called by the LPM and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• -What prior experience in Loss Prevention do you have?
      -Explain a time you gave great customer service.
      -Scenario based questions not necessarily relevant to LP.   Answer Question

Assistant Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Fast paced, very informative, answered all my questions. Quick contact and good response time after interview. Time between interview and hire was 4 days. Met with multiple individuals during interview process.

CCK Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online and got a call 2 weeks later for an in person interview. The interview itself only lasted 20 minutes with very simple questions. Got offered the job on the spot and scheduled to come in the next day for an oral drug test.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you were in a group and socialized instead of working?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

I showed up early (maybe too early) and the interview was extremely brief, about five minutes. I was only asked three questions regarding customer service (how you treat customers, how you've been treated as a customer, etc). I thought I did pretty well but didn't get the job. The interviewer was very nice though.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tumwater, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Tumwater, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the HR lead, I had experience and they needed technicians so it was an easy interview, I was called back for the drug and background test the next week.

Interview Questions

• the usual, good retail experience, bad retail experience, what you did to make a customer happy, that sort of thing, and then we went over my pharmacy experience.   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Kent, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Pretty simple. I applied online (resume, CV, availability, personality assessment) and received a phone call from their hiring people, which is separate from the store itself, a few days later. They asked me a few questions about myself and why I wanted to work at Fred Meyer. After that, they scheduled me for an in-store interview with the manager. They want you to get there 10-15 min early, and I would make sure you take into account possible waiting time in the customer service line. The in-store interview was pretty basic. Make sure you're prepared to discuss wages and salary; I told the manager that I was expecting minimum wage, but she actually said she typically pays above it, even for entry-level employees. We also discussed availability and expectations about the job.

Honestly, you got this. Remain calm and generally agreeable during the interview, answer the questions to the best of your abilities, and you should get the job. The best pieces of advice I've ever received about job interviews was to eat beforehand (never interview hungry/hangry) and just go in assuming people will like you.

Interview Questions

• Explain one instance where you stepped out of your comfort zone. Describe a time where you demonstrated leadership. Why are you interested in working at Fred Meyer?   1 Answer

Person In Charge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Snohomish, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Snohomish, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had 4 interviews with 4 different people. 2 HR representatives and 2 managers. The first interview was about my experience for the position. The next two interviews where about how I'd deal with certain situations. The last interview discussed salary and had a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What are your future plans or goals?   1 Answer

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Boise, ID) in June 2016.

Interview

It took a while to get the HR to review my application. After that the 2 interviews took place quickly and I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of good customer service.   1 Answer

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Same-day interview. I was interviewed with another person. Was okay. Odd process, didn't get an offer. Was in a back stock room. The lady seemed grumpy, and asked basic questions. I was declined on the spot,