Fred Meyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fred Meyer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.1

CCK Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

Easy, exactly what you'd expect. Basically just say that your outgoing and nice and you'll be hired. Very easy and informal. You can dress casual as well. I worked with some people who you wondered how they were hired. Any kid in high school could work here.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Puyallup, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

The HR manager was 30 minutes late to the interview while i was 15 minutes early as requested. The HR manager made references to why I am applying for a job below my skill level...

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would teach someone math...   1 Answer

Freight Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sumner, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Sumner, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Not bad. Very positive. All my questions were answered and the hiring process was not difficult. Was subject to drug screen and back ground check as well. Staff was extremely helpful in the beginning.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fred Meyer in April 2016.

Interview

Very informal. I applied for a cashier position yet the manager thought I had applied for a deli position, and kept asking me about how I would feel about working in the deli (which I didn't decline, I would have been satisfied with any job at the time). Manager did not seem to know how to conduct an interview and kept her eyes on a paper with questions on it most of the time, rather than looking at me. I applied in April and did not hear back until late June to be told that I was not hired, when I had already given up on the position. I had been referred by a friend, yet the manager did not know my friend who had worked there for nearly a year, and the manager tried to say that my friend must have been someone new. Other employees were very friendly, and the manager was a lovely person, but the overall interview was irritating because the manager did not seem to know what to do. Interview was easy but the wait for a response about whether or not I was hired was unbelievable.

Fuel Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Newberg, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview took about 15 minutes. Was asked for a brief history of my work experience, as well as relevant questions about customer service skills/hypothetical scenarios relating to customer interactions. Second interview was in person with representative from HR department. Here I answered more in depth questions about my work history and met with the supervisor of the department I was applying for (fuel center). After meeting with department supervisor, I was immediately given the offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Albany, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Very professional. The Human Resource Director was friendly and compassionate, Asked good, thought-provoking questions. Explained in detail the necessary requirements for the job position and Fred Meyer's wants and needs.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when another employee acts in a spontaneous manner? What are your expectations? Are you a person who follows policies? Give a specific incident of above and beyond customer service.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bonney Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Bonney Lake, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

First I applied online and then about a week or so later I got a message on my phone asking me to call them to schedule an interview. I called back and they asked me a few questions (one being "what does good customer service meant to you?") and then we scheduled my interview for Sunday the 20th and the interview it self was easier than I thought it would be and I thought it went pretty smoothly but unfortunately I didn't get the job

Interview Questions

• what would help you be successful working at Fred Meyer   Answer Question

Parcel Clerk (Central Checkout - CCK) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later a recruiter called me and asked me a few questions, then set up an interview for the following day. The woman I was supposed to interview with was sick, so I interviewed with someone else instead. He was very chill and understood that I wasn't supposed to have some reason for wanting to work for Fred Meyer, since it is my first job. He offered me the position and had me do a drug test (oral). Don't go in for an interview if you have drugs in your system because you have to take the test right in front of them at the first interview.

Overall it was a very easy interview. He didn't really ask me any hard questions. Most were just about my availability.

Show up early (15-20 minutes) and dress nicely (I wore black dress pants, a dark button down shirt, and black dress shoes) and you will get the job.

Barista and Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

Overall, the interview was very easy. It seemed like they were desperate for people, so anyone would do.They asked about my past experience and just logistical questions about days and hours I am available. They also made me take a drug test on the spot ( the spit test), so if you are going to get interviewed, be aware of this. Getting a job here is not difficult if you seem like a decent person.

Seafood Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

I filled online applications a few times over the course of a year and spoke to merchandisers who "needed people" but still took a year to get hired. No real sense of need and really hands off. The 2nd merchandiser was totally unprofessional no voicemail and I thought I ha the wrong number when he did answer. No phone etiquette. I thought I was talking to a teenager. The HR person was new and thus friendly and actually realized the opportunity to hire someone that would be a asset. The questions were standard issue. Describe a time when you had a problem and how you solved it yada yada. Offered a pay close to deserving only to call later with a job offer and much lower pay rate. Little crafty there!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us and why do you enjoy this type of work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a reasonable pay only to come back with a much lower pay when they offered the job.