Fred Meyer Jewelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.4

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers (Mechanicsville, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Extremely simple interview by regional manager. Contacted by phone initially - it was as if I were interviewing him. Questions were of no substance. I.E. What do you like about jewelry? How original-
    I have been in the industry for 30 years. Next- an in person with the Regional - final was a phone call from his Regional VP - which entailed a 12 minute brief discussion as her call was 17 minutes tardy!

Interview Questions

• Would you like selling jewelry in a grocery store?

Do you like jewelry?

Tell me about your retail experience.
      1 Answer

Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers (Medford, OR).

Interview

I was called pretty quickly after submitting an online application. I was asked if I could come in interview right away. I was interviewed by two people in an informal public setting. Most of the questions that were asked came the most senior manager in the interview. Almost all questions were all situational and related to past sales and/or professional experience. The experience was professional, but comfortable at the same time. The hiring managers were polite, professional and did a remarkable job staying on topic given that there was considerable background noise the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you feel comfortable selling add-on products such as product care plans and promoting preferred charge accounts for financing purchases?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers.

Interview

The process was simple. Filled out an application online and contacted the manager. I had an interview and was then hired. During the interview I meet with several members of the team because you are always woking with on another.

Sales Professional Interview

Interview

standard questions you would get asked at any sales interview. I don't remember much of the interview process as it was a few years ago. once offer is made you must pass a drug test and background screening.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Asked me to tell them about myself. She told me about the company and what the short and long term goals were. I asked about the typical day to day lifestyle. How scheduling worked and if changes in schedules were normal. We talked about the companies all day special events that were required.

Interview Questions

• Sell me the ring your wearing?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers.

Interview

I actually had two interviews at two stores. The first one didn't ask me a single question during the whole interview, just talked about the job and what he hoped for the store, and then referred me to another local store. The second interview was much more professional, she asked me a lot of the standard interview questions and why I was leaving my old job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I went in for my interview. The manager asked me about myself, if I had any sales experience. All the questions that every company asks you. We went down to the cafe area in Kroger for the interview. It was very laid back. But be okay with interviewing with random people around you because that's what will usually happen.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had to help a disgruntled customer and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers (Okemos, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

The Store Manager came out to greet me with a huge smile and a lot of enthusiasm. Right off the bat, I felt like I was in the right environment that would feed my need for constant upbeat energy and friendly and competitive nature. She explained exactly what the job would entail, expectations, starting pay, room for advancement and promotions along with commissions (although they changed the commission structure so often it was often very very hazy and shaded on what was being rewarded and what wasn't)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company and as my employee?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers (Provo, UT) in August 2014.

Interview

There are 3 interviews, on with the store assistant manager, one with with the head manager, and one with the regional manager. It is kind of a pain in the butt, but it's worth it!

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer Jewelers (Knoxville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with Store Manager and Regional Manager each one on one. First with the Store Manager, then after they approved of me, I sat down with the Regional Manager. They determined my sales aptitude and ability to fit in at the local locations. After that, I took a drug test, waited on the background check, and was hired a week later! Overall, took about a month.