Fred Meyer Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

2.3

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bakery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Battle Ground, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Battle Ground, WA).

Interview

Short and brief, very informative, and also pretty chill. It was over in a few minutes, other than watching tons of educational videos. The videos were about the company's history and customer service tips.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application, waited for a response. One came , not to my favor though.
    They give others an opportunity to work for them. Even if you left in good standing.

Interview Questions

• What days am I available to work?   1 Answer

Parcel Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a week or so later I got an email saying to call for a phone interview. Seeing as I haven't worked before and am only 16 it was kinda hard, harder than the in person interview I had after. The in person interview was quick, they did lose my application and had some hick ups in the process but i got hired so I'm gonna complain. The phone interview was about 3 questions about costumer service and the in person interview was 3 questions that were easy. I came to the in person interview dressed nicely in black skinny jeans cuz that's all I had, a button down shirt and black dress boots. As long as you have a good attitude, are willing to work and pass a drug test, you will probably get hired for this position

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Tualatin, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Discussed the position, asked about my long-term goals, discussed hours and requirements, they explained to me what benefits came with the job. I asked about salary and exactly how the hours worked.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Asked pretty basic retail questions that I was unprepared for. The interviewer thought he was a hot-shot because he has worked at Fred Meyers for 11 years. If you have no expectations for yourself and don't have any skills, you will get this job.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Wilsonville, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back a few days later and had an interview scheduled. Interviewer was friendly and didn't ask me too many questions. There was a few more questions asked over the phone when I called to set up the interview. These weren't all too hard either. Altogether, the interviewing and the hiring process for me was a very smooth process. It didn't take too long from the time I applied to the complete hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stress?
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Graveyard Freight Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Tualatin, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was fun and casual for the most part. I had two seperate interviews because one was a recommendation from the first. Both interviewers were super friendly and chatty. There weren't any difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Why shouldn't I hire you?   1 Answer
    • Are there advantages and disadvantages to being optimistic?   1 Answer

CCK Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oregon City, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Oregon City, OR).

Interview

She led me into a quiet room and introduced herself. Spoke about the company, what they offer, what they could offer to me, and asked me about my past experience. I was nervous but she was very kind and welcoming. She asked me what I expected from this job, some questions about my past experience, and what I wanted as pay.

Interview Questions

• What past experience prepared you for this role to work with customer service?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied online and came in for an interview with the Loss Prevention Manager(LPM) and Human Resource Manager and asked typical interview questions. Was then a different day interviewed by the District LPM and questioned once more but this time more seriously. After two interviews I was called by the LPM and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• -What prior experience in Loss Prevention do you have?
      -Explain a time you gave great customer service.
      -Scenario based questions not necessarily relevant to LP.   Answer Question

Assistant Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Fast paced, very informative, answered all my questions. Quick contact and good response time after interview. Time between interview and hire was 4 days. Met with multiple individuals during interview process.