Fred Meyer Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Asked pretty basic retail questions that I was unprepared for. The interviewer thought he was a hot-shot because he has worked at Fred Meyers for 11 years. If you have no expectations for yourself and don't have any skills, you will get this job.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Wilsonville, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back a few days later and had an interview scheduled. Interviewer was friendly and didn't ask me too many questions. There was a few more questions asked over the phone when I called to set up the interview. These weren't all too hard either. Altogether, the interviewing and the hiring process for me was a very smooth process. It didn't take too long from the time I applied to the complete hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stress?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Answer Question

Graveyard Freight Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Tualatin, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was fun and casual for the most part. I had two seperate interviews because one was a recommendation from the first. Both interviewers were super friendly and chatty. There weren't any difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Why shouldn't I hire you?   1 Answer
    • Are there advantages and disadvantages to being optimistic?   1 Answer

CCK Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oregon City, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Oregon City, OR).

Interview

She led me into a quiet room and introduced herself. Spoke about the company, what they offer, what they could offer to me, and asked me about my past experience. I was nervous but she was very kind and welcoming. She asked me what I expected from this job, some questions about my past experience, and what I wanted as pay.

Interview Questions

• What past experience prepared you for this role to work with customer service?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied online and came in for an interview with the Loss Prevention Manager(LPM) and Human Resource Manager and asked typical interview questions. Was then a different day interviewed by the District LPM and questioned once more but this time more seriously. After two interviews I was called by the LPM and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• -What prior experience in Loss Prevention do you have?
      -Explain a time you gave great customer service.
      -Scenario based questions not necessarily relevant to LP.
      Answer Question

Assistant Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Fast paced, very informative, answered all my questions. Quick contact and good response time after interview. Time between interview and hire was 4 days. Met with multiple individuals during interview process.

General Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied at an open interview event, pretty straight forward. Easy interview all things considered. Applied online first, and went in for the hiring event the next day, 1 on 1 interview, with a few other people in front of me. In some sort of back office.

Fuel Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Newberg, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview took about 15 minutes. Was asked for a brief history of my work experience, as well as relevant questions about customer service skills/hypothetical scenarios relating to customer interactions. Second interview was in person with representative from HR department. Here I answered more in depth questions about my work history and met with the supervisor of the department I was applying for (fuel center). After meeting with department supervisor, I was immediately given the offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Parcel Clerk (Central Checkout - CCK) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later a recruiter called me and asked me a few questions, then set up an interview for the following day. The woman I was supposed to interview with was sick, so I interviewed with someone else instead. He was very chill and understood that I wasn't supposed to have some reason for wanting to work for Fred Meyer, since it is my first job. He offered me the position and had me do a drug test (oral). Don't go in for an interview if you have drugs in your system because you have to take the test right in front of them at the first interview.

Overall it was a very easy interview. He didn't really ask me any hard questions. Most were just about my availability.

Show up early (15-20 minutes) and dress nicely (I wore black dress pants, a dark button down shirt, and black dress shoes) and you will get the job.

Seafood Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

I filled online applications a few times over the course of a year and spoke to merchandisers who "needed people" but still took a year to get hired. No real sense of need and really hands off. The 2nd merchandiser was totally unprofessional no voicemail and I thought I ha the wrong number when he did answer. No phone etiquette. I thought I was talking to a teenager. The HR person was new and thus friendly and actually realized the opportunity to hire someone that would be a asset. The questions were standard issue. Describe a time when you had a problem and how you solved it yada yada. Offered a pay close to deserving only to call later with a job offer and much lower pay rate. Little crafty there!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us and why do you enjoy this type of work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a reasonable pay only to come back with a much lower pay when they offered the job.