Fred Meyer Interview Questions in Vancouver, WA | Glassdoor

2.5

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Parcel Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a week or so later I got an email saying to call for a phone interview. Seeing as I haven't worked before and am only 16 it was kinda hard, harder than the in person interview I had after. The in person interview was quick, they did lose my application and had some hick ups in the process but i got hired so I'm gonna complain. The phone interview was about 3 questions about costumer service and the in person interview was 3 questions that were easy. I came to the in person interview dressed nicely in black skinny jeans cuz that's all I had, a button down shirt and black dress boots. As long as you have a good attitude, are willing to work and pass a drug test, you will probably get hired for this position

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

IMPORTANT NOTE 1: They said they no longer hire for skill but hire for friendliness now.

IMPORTANT NOTE 2: Only teens and early-20's adults are hired as parcels at the Fred Meyer I was hired at; no older adults.

IMPORTANT NOTE 3: The online applications did nothing; going in for a hiring event is what got me a job--they have these twice a year. This is when most of our department was hired. Once every two months though they did hire a new parcel.

IMPORTANT NOTE 3: All the parcels that were hired could start immediately or a week later.

I interviewed at two Fred Meyers. One was a drop-in group interview. A second was a first round of drop-in, individual interviews followed by a scheduled group interview. The interview questions were almost the same at both stores. You had to wait for a long time in both places so I only made it to two stores before the event ended. If you fill out an online application then Kroger will email you about the events. After the individual interview they said they would call back the next day; I got no call and assumed I wasn't hired. A few days later I was called in for an interview (a week after the first one), and started a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer had a complaint?
      Describe a time you resolved a conflict.
      What would you do if a customer passed by while you were doing a task?
      What is your preferred position?   1 Answer

Parcel Clerk (Central Checkout - CCK) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later a recruiter called me and asked me a few questions, then set up an interview for the following day. The woman I was supposed to interview with was sick, so I interviewed with someone else instead. He was very chill and understood that I wasn't supposed to have some reason for wanting to work for Fred Meyer, since it is my first job. He offered me the position and had me do a drug test (oral). Don't go in for an interview if you have drugs in your system because you have to take the test right in front of them at the first interview.

Overall it was a very easy interview. He didn't really ask me any hard questions. Most were just about my availability.

Show up early (15-20 minutes) and dress nicely (I wore black dress pants, a dark button down shirt, and black dress shoes) and you will get the job.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

To apply for this job, I submitted an online application. I promptly got a response to set up a meeting for a one-on-one interview. The interview was held in a small conference room with a very nice lady conducting the interview, so made for a decent environment. She was courteous but to the point. She asked questions that were easy to answer and informed what the next steps in the application process would be.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online 1 month ago, got a call 2 weeks later asking to come in for an interview and she asked me a few questions on the phone. 1 week later and then I went in and met with the HR manager, she told me she was 99.9% sure the cashiering position was closed now but said she would ask the hiring manager who then decided I was ready for a second interview right on the spot! We talked for 5 minutes and he told me he was gonna hire me! He got a drug test, I signed some paperwork and I start next week! Great experience. Waiting took awhile but it was worth it.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Wednesday morning. Received a call from some third party recruiter about the job that same night to set up an interview. My interview was Friday morning, in store. I met with a lady from the HR department for maybe 15 minutes and I left with a pretty good feeling about my chances. I sent her a quick thank-you note Sunday in the evening to clear up the uncertainties she had expressed during our interview. Monday morning I got the call from her inviting me in to take my drug test and to finish the application process.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with people who have aggressive personalities?   Answer Question

CCK Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was 2 separate interviews, the first with a group of four others. Questions were basic, what is work ethic, describe your wok ethic in 3 words, why do you want to work for the company, what do you want to get out of your employment with Fred Meyer. The second interview was with the manager and asked the same basic questions. The third visit was for a drug test, pretty simple process. Took a few weeks from the first interview until the drug test

Interview Questions

• How would you turn a negative experience into a positive experience?   Answer Question

The top pay for a cashier is $15.10 an hour, I make more than that at my current job

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Extremely last minute call to come in and interview, I had 6 hours notice. They take more than two weeks before calling to tell me that they are still running all of their own background checks and that it could take up to another 3 weeks to hear any news regarding my fate.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to complete a series of calculations and was caught off guard when they had me type out a few sentences off of a sheet in order to time my typing skills.   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the head pharmacist who was very nice but he was nervous about this being the first time since he was promoted to lead pharmacist that he was interviewing people. He had a printed copy of a test of basic pharmacy questions like matching the brand name of a drug to its generic name and translating written prescriptions. There was several math problems and he Ted me counting and pouring a 100 pills and checked my accuracy.

Interview Questions

• If a patient wanted to know what medication they should use for a headache could I offer my assistance?   1 Answer

Apparel Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

First interview is with HR- this is more of a meet and greet interview. Second interview is with a Panel; one manager and their assistant manager. Personality and behavior questions (around fifteen questions) are asked and then will follow up with a call if they want to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Do you work better with a team or by yourself?   1 Answer