Fred Meyer Interview Questions in Vancouver, WA | Glassdoor

Fred Meyer Interview Questions in Vancouver, WA

2.5

Parcel Clerk (Central Checkout - CCK) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later a recruiter called me and asked me a few questions, then set up an interview for the following day. The woman I was supposed to interview with was sick, so I interviewed with someone else instead. He was very chill and understood that I wasn't supposed to have some reason for wanting to work for Fred Meyer, since it is my first job. He offered me the position and had me do a drug test (oral). Don't go in for an interview if you have drugs in your system because you have to take the test right in front of them at the first interview.

Overall it was a very easy interview. He didn't really ask me any hard questions. Most were just about my availability.

Show up early (15-20 minutes) and dress nicely (I wore black dress pants, a dark button down shirt, and black dress shoes) and you will get the job.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

To apply for this job, I submitted an online application. I promptly got a response to set up a meeting for a one-on-one interview. The interview was held in a small conference room with a very nice lady conducting the interview, so made for a decent environment. She was courteous but to the point. She asked questions that were easy to answer and informed what the next steps in the application process would be.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online 1 month ago, got a call 2 weeks later asking to come in for an interview and she asked me a few questions on the phone. 1 week later and then I went in and met with the HR manager, she told me she was 99.9% sure the cashiering position was closed now but said she would ask the hiring manager who then decided I was ready for a second interview right on the spot! We talked for 5 minutes and he told me he was gonna hire me! He got a drug test, I signed some paperwork and I start next week! Great experience. Waiting took awhile but it was worth it.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Wednesday morning. Received a call from some third party recruiter about the job that same night to set up an interview. My interview was Friday morning, in store. I met with a lady from the HR department for maybe 15 minutes and I left with a pretty good feeling about my chances. I sent her a quick thank-you note Sunday in the evening to clear up the uncertainties she had expressed during our interview. Monday morning I got the call from her inviting me in to take my drug test and to finish the application process.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with people who have aggressive personalities?   Answer Question

CCK Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was 2 separate interviews, the first with a group of four others. Questions were basic, what is work ethic, describe your wok ethic in 3 words, why do you want to work for the company, what do you want to get out of your employment with Fred Meyer. The second interview was with the manager and asked the same basic questions. The third visit was for a drug test, pretty simple process. Took a few weeks from the first interview until the drug test

Interview Questions

• How would you turn a negative experience into a positive experience?   Answer Question

The top pay for a cashier is $15.10 an hour, I make more than that at my current job

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Extremely last minute call to come in and interview, I had 6 hours notice. They take more than two weeks before calling to tell me that they are still running all of their own background checks and that it could take up to another 3 weeks to hear any news regarding my fate.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to complete a series of calculations and was caught off guard when they had me type out a few sentences off of a sheet in order to time my typing skills.   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the head pharmacist who was very nice but he was nervous about this being the first time since he was promoted to lead pharmacist that he was interviewing people. He had a printed copy of a test of basic pharmacy questions like matching the brand name of a drug to its generic name and translating written prescriptions. There was several math problems and he Ted me counting and pouring a 100 pills and checked my accuracy.

Interview Questions

• If a patient wanted to know what medication they should use for a headache could I offer my assistance?   1 Answer

Apparel Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

First interview is with HR- this is more of a meet and greet interview. Second interview is with a Panel; one manager and their assistant manager. Personality and behavior questions (around fifteen questions) are asked and then will follow up with a call if they want to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Do you work better with a team or by yourself?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

The HR called me and set up an interview with the food manager and the deli manager. After the interview they told me if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Do you know any other languages?   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online and they called within the week I applied. I felt the interviews were very straightforward. First interview was with the HR director (a basic "do you not have piercings coming out of every part of your body" inspection) and then an interview with the department's on-duty manager.

A week after the second interview, I was called saying I got the job. I came in and did the drug test the next day. Drug test cost money (mouth swab), so you definitely have the job if they are testing you. Just know that the drug test may come on a later day, not necessarily at the second interview, contrarily to some other comments on here. The store I interviewed at was taking in a lot of applicants, so lots of weeding out needed to be done.

Make sure to ask how long it should be until you expect a response from them.

It was around a week before I was called back in for the second interview. Two to three weeks after that before I started working.

Interview Questions

• What is an acceptable amount of days to miss [due to: family emergency, etc.]?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked how much I expected to make in the first interview. That was the only chance for negotiation. You must join the union if you're not in a RTW state (everywhere but Idaho), but the monthly dues aren't terrible.