Fred's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fred's Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Milton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred's (Milton, FL).

Interview

I was actually in line at the store waiting to purchase an item and a manager just asked if anyone needed a job because they were short-handed I said that I needed one and had already put an application in. He then asked if I had time to do an interview I said yes and we went back to a little room he asked a few questions and told me I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Was i available to work any shift?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Counce, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred's (Counce, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online then HR called to set a interview with DM . Very straight forward in the interview process ask about my prior work experience . Told me all about the company as far as benefits and his story with the company .

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience with the P and L report ?   1 Answer
    • What about shrink?? How can you take care of it ??   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just talked about my experience and DM did my drug test and background check. then called me the next day with a two dollar difference in offer .

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred's.

Interview

Spoke with district manager and area human resource manager at the nearest store. They asked a series of management related questions and scenarios. They also asked about merchandising ideas and how I would handle certain customer situations.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred's.

Interview

Talked with DM. Took about a week to be selected. I was required to take a drug test and have a background check. These must come back ok before you are offered a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• what days are you available to work   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clanton, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred's (Clanton, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy questions, just be honest, District manager was great. Manager however, is a nightmare . outdated equipment, customers always stealing, unreliable corporate . interview wasn't hard at all. Seriously though, they should of investigated the managers previous jobs, he's complacent, rude, racists, and very sexist. Always talking about going back to walmart.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for fred's?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fred's.

Interview

Sorry but I didn't have an interview process. She just up & hired me as I turned in my application. She just gave me my drug test & put me on the schdule as soon as my drug results came back. How can you hire someone without an interview. Absolutely no question was asked to me at all!

Anonymous Employee in Gladewater, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred's (Gladewater, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied via a job site and was called back by a recruiter within a week. The next week I had an interview with the Dist. Manager and was hired on the spot. Took 1 week for BG check and paper work to complete and was called to report to work the day it was approved. Just completed 3 weeks training and so far it seem to be all I have expected.

Interview Questions

• Not really anything I wasn't expecting. Discussed past jobs with other retailers and shrink and customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but was offered in the rage I expected and felt comfortable taking. I know the payroll budget of the store set your available salary

Anonymous Employee in Waynesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred's (Waynesboro, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

First you interview with the district manager. They will usually ask you questions about your background. Also, about why you believe you are a good fit for the company. Then you talk with the HR manager and it goes from there

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Fred's in January 2013.

Interview

They call and ask you to come in and just ask you questions. They want to know your experience in retail. You have to have a less one year experience to work at Fred's.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bonifay, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred's (Bonifay, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

easy

Interview Questions

• what my favorite star wars character was lol   1 Answer