Freddie Mac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quantitative Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Pre-screening by phone interview. A series of 45 minute interviews followed by a short presentation on campus visit. Interviewers were super-nice. You should know OLS, IV, Logistic Regression by heart. In addition, some questions involved personality and hypothetical real-life situations.

Underwriting Analyst, Underwriting Document Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

2 -3 parts, initial recruiter review, phone interview and in-person interview. General easy questions but all along they planned on hiring internally but brought me in for round 3. Interview went great but they emailed me that they were hiring internally. Be careful applying to companies like Freddie because they will be fake and happy in front of you but when you leave they already know the plan. Don't expect honestly, I was dragged to 3 interviews and all along they knew they weren't going to hire me even if the hiring manager "requested" for me to come in and I didn't even apply. I felt like a toy!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Freddie?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an in-person interview. Phone interview was quick and set up in person almost immediately. In person interview was a panel. Given names of interviews beforehand which was helpful. Sat in front of 3 interviewers. Questions were easy, mainly just discussed past experiences and future goals.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

Applied through the technology Analyst program. Was contacted almost a day after and then was scheduled for a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes and were mostly behavioral questions. Then was asked to come In for a face to face interview at their offices. I was there with all the other applicants and we were each scheduled for two face to face interviews that lasted about 35 minutes each.

Accounting/Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The first round interview was a phone call that lasted approximately 30 minutes. These were mainly behavior based questions. They asked to describe personal work situations and experiences. Know how Freddie Mac operates.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through a referral. Got an email for a phone interview relatively quick. The phone interview consisted of many behavioral questions. Passed the phone interview and was invited to the on sight interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you turned an obstacle into an opportunity.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analytics Senior Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online in October. Contacted by HR after a week. There are two rounds. First is a phone interview with a manager, after that is an onsite interview with the team in November.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are technical including both basic statistics and computer skills like SAS   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was relatively smooth. Had 2 behavioral interviews over the phone and was invited after to their Freddie Day event. At Freddie Day you are interviewed with two interviewers back to back with around 30 minutes per interview. It was both technical and behavioral. My interviewer had a sheet of predetermined questions and took notes after I answered each question.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail by a recruiter after I submitted my resume through the electronic submission process. The recruiter then asked via e-mail if I could make a phone call and offered several days / times that would work.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Recruiter called to set up a phone interview. I had a phone interview. The questions were all pretty straight forward and behavioral. Still waiting to hear back if I made it to the next round which is a super day that they call "Freddie Day" at the company's headquarters in Mclean, Virgina. After I believe they make their decisions about hiring for the program.

Interview Questions

• What does Freddie Mac do?
      Why do you want to work at Freddie Mac?
      Basic Behavioral Questions about skill set   Answer Question