Freddie Mac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

223 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

Contacted by a Recruiter, who set up phone interview with hiring manager. Phone interview conducted with hiring manager. An on site interview was then scheduled with hiring manager, director and peer of hiring manager.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

I spoke with the hiring manager over the phone for the initial screening. The focus was on my experience and interest to work on problems facing the division. I was invited for an onsite interview to meet the full team and present a recent data science project I'd worked on. It was a full day of interviews with different managers. Each meeting lasted one hour. There was a technical interview which consisted mainly of oral questions testing knowledge of data science methods, econometric techniques, and approaches to data analysis. You should know the technical details of different models and be able to discuss them fluently. I was also asked some statistical/econometric proofs.

Interview Questions

• How do you interpret lift on variable importance from a random forest model? What are the drawbacks of PCA?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Came in for a round of interviews with three VPs and a Director. Most questions were situational and a lot of questions on how I handle conflicts/issues in the workplace. I received an offer below my desired salary with no room to negotiate which was partly the reason I declined.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who scheduled a phone interview. after the phone interview, I was invited to Freddie day. A two-day event which consisted of a small mixer the first night and the second day was a campus tour, a panel discussion with recent hires and two 30 minute interviews. The questions were mostly behavioral. There were a few Technical questions but they were not very complex.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a low-level language and a high-level language   Answer Question

Quantitative Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Pre-screening by phone interview. A series of 45 minute interviews followed by a short presentation on campus visit. Interviewers were super-nice. You should know OLS, IV, Logistic Regression by heart. In addition, some questions involved personality and hypothetical real-life situations.

Underwriting Analyst, Underwriting Document Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

2 -3 parts, initial recruiter review, phone interview and in-person interview. General easy questions but all along they planned on hiring internally but brought me in for round 3. Interview went great but they emailed me that they were hiring internally. Be careful applying to companies like Freddie because they will be fake and happy in front of you but when you leave they already know the plan. Don't expect honestly, I was dragged to 3 interviews and all along they knew they weren't going to hire me even if the hiring manager "requested" for me to come in and I didn't even apply. I felt like a toy!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Freddie?   1 Answer

MF BTO Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Generally getting to know you questions. Very conversational interview, Not robotic or just reading off a paper. Looking for a culture fit as well as technical skills. Very nice people. refreshments offered.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an in-person interview. Phone interview was quick and set up in person almost immediately. In person interview was a panel. Given names of interviews beforehand which was helpful. Sat in front of 3 interviewers. Questions were easy, mainly just discussed past experiences and future goals.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

Applied through the technology Analyst program. Was contacted almost a day after and then was scheduled for a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes and were mostly behavioral questions. Then was asked to come In for a face to face interview at their offices. I was there with all the other applicants and we were each scheduled for two face to face interviews that lasted about 35 minutes each.

Accounting/Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The first round interview was a phone call that lasted approximately 30 minutes. These were mainly behavior based questions. They asked to describe personal work situations and experiences. Know how Freddie Mac operates.