Freddie Mac Senior Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Freddie Mac Senior Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2016

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

My phone interview was originally scheduled on a different day. I dialed into the conference call the first day it was scheduled for and no one showed up. I then followed up with the recruiter and let him know that no one had joined. He then followed up with the hiring manager and let me know that the hiring manager had sent him an email asking to reschedule the interview for the following week because he was on vacation. The recruiter apologized and stated that he did not receive the email from the hiring manager and he rescheduled the phone interview for the following week. I then met with the hiring manager and one of their colleagues. The interview seemed to go well but was difficult to gauge given that it was a phone screen. After the interview I sent a follow-up to the recruiting manager thanking him for his time and requesting any feedback on the phone interview. The recruiting manager has not replied to my email inquiry and it is now four days after the phone interview and three days after the follow-up email was sent.

Interview Questions

• How do you apply earned value management to your project plans.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in December 2010.

Interview

Typical process. Having internal referral to use when HR was not responding about status was critical.

Interview Questions

• What books are you currently reading?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only slightly. Know your market value and the value of the market, then ask for that. If you are on-target, you look like a "hireable" candidate right away.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac in June 2009.

Interview

My resume was pulled from a job board and a consulting firm contacted me to fill a PM position. The consulting firm (unbeknown to me) was early in the process of trying to obtain the contract they wanted. The 30 minute "interview" was not actually an interview, but the consulting firm's attempt to get the business, by implying they already "represented" me. The interview was a "face presentation" and not a discussion about the proposed project or the opportunity. It was the consulting firm's sales pitch on showing they can get the necessary talent, even before the funding was officially obtained. However, that was not how they presented the interview to me. I did not get a call back on the position, and did not feel comfortable about the meeting actually being a sales call and not a true interview. Not once was I asked about my experience or capabilities, but my paper resume was pushed to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked about the role...so what do you do????   1 Answer

Project Manager Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2010.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview by the HR Manager. I then had another phone interview a week later with the Hiring Manager, who then called me in for a 1:1 in-person interview. The interview went well with generic questions about project management - How would you resolve conflicts? How would you ensure communication? How would you manage Risks? etc. After the interview was over, the manager went on to provide feedback on my interview and asked if I had any questions. I asked him a couple of basic questions and left.