Freddie Mac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Freddie Mac Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2017

2.8

Externship Interview

Interview

No interview, just applied online during the winter. Heard back a couple of months later by email, asking if I was still able to attend. Everything was done through HR, and the HR staff was very friendly and helpful. They even paid for everything. I would definitely recommend all college freshmen/sophomores to apply.

Interview Questions

• Which job function are you most interested in being placed - Corporate Finance, Audit, ERM   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

Hiring and Interview Process was very smooth and quick. I applied through the Washington Post website, the HR person got in touch with me within a week and the interview process was very smooth and an offer was made within three weeks of my initial Resume submission.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Very straight forward and enjoyable. On campus interview was simple and short. Received a phone call a few days/weeks later and Discussed future opportunities on the phone.

Negotiation

It was a pleasant experience.

Clearance/Transaction Processing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Phone interview then site visit to a final round of interview. Two different interviews at the site. First with two managers and second with the director (hire decision maker)

Interview Questions

• Minimal technical questions. Only one was describing an interest rate swap   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions; Motgage systemes you have used in the past

Interview Questions

• How many loans have you managed within your pipeline at a given time   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was pretty much set as I went through an agency

Interview

Flew me into DC for the interview - interviewed by several different people. They explained the rotational program very well. Left feeling confident and heard back within a week with an offer.

Associate Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by an on-site interview. Composed of 5 interviews back to back.

Interview Questions

• What is a DCR and LTV? Not too many techincal questions.   Answer Question

Interview

Initial contact was made by the recruiter that spend a few minutes to give more details on position and salary information.
    Had one interview that that was around 30 minutes. Process was pretty easy

Interview Questions

• Only difficult questions were about the mortgage industry that aren't taught in school or regular discussed in other documents   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate a higher salary.

Interview

Hiring is mostly by applying for jobs via the online portal. There is a campus recruitment for college hire that is a 2 year rotational program. The hiring for International candidates is more cumbersome due to the visa considerations.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to shift from one group to another.   Answer Question

Underwriting Analyst, Underwriting Document Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

2 -3 parts, initial recruiter review, phone interview and in-person interview. General easy questions but all along they planned on hiring internally but brought me in for round 3. Interview went great but they emailed me that they were hiring internally. Be careful applying to companies like Freddie because they will be fake and happy in front of you but when you leave they already know the plan. Don't expect honestly, I was dragged to 3 interviews and all along they knew they weren't going to hire me even if the hiring manager "requested" for me to come in and I didn't even apply. I felt like a toy!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Freddie?   1 Answer