Freddie Mac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Freddie Mac Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.8

Externship Interview

Interview

No interview, just applied online during the winter. Heard back a couple of months later by email, asking if I was still able to attend. Everything was done through HR, and the HR staff was very friendly and helpful. They even paid for everything. I would definitely recommend all college freshmen/sophomores to apply.

Interview Questions

• Which job function are you most interested in being placed - Corporate Finance, Audit, ERM   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

Hiring and Interview Process was very smooth and quick. I applied through the Washington Post website, the HR person got in touch with me within a week and the interview process was very smooth and an offer was made within three weeks of my initial Resume submission.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Very straight forward and enjoyable. On campus interview was simple and short. Received a phone call a few days/weeks later and Discussed future opportunities on the phone.

Negotiation

It was a pleasant experience.

Clearance/Transaction Processing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Phone interview then site visit to a final round of interview. Two different interviews at the site. First with two managers and second with the director (hire decision maker)

Interview Questions

• Minimal technical questions. Only one was describing an interest rate swap   Answer Question

Settlement Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions; Motgage systemes you have used in the past

Interview Questions

• How many loans have you managed within your pipeline at a given time   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was pretty much set as I went through an agency

Interview

Flew me into DC for the interview - interviewed by several different people. They explained the rotational program very well. Left feeling confident and heard back within a week with an offer.

Associate Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by an on-site interview. Composed of 5 interviews back to back.

Interview Questions

• What is a DCR and LTV? Not too many techincal questions.   Answer Question

Interview

Initial contact was made by the recruiter that spend a few minutes to give more details on position and salary information.
    Had one interview that that was around 30 minutes. Process was pretty easy

Interview Questions

• Only difficult questions were about the mortgage industry that aren't taught in school or regular discussed in other documents   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate a higher salary.

Interview

Hiring is mostly by applying for jobs via the online portal. There is a campus recruitment for college hire that is a 2 year rotational program. The hiring for International candidates is more cumbersome due to the visa considerations.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to shift from one group to another.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Freddie Mac in February 2009.

Interview

Standard, phone interview and group interview with the team