Freddie Mac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Freddie Mac Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who scheduled a phone interview. after the phone interview, I was invited to Freddie day. A two-day event which consisted of a small mixer the first night and the second day was a campus tour, a panel discussion with recent hires and two 30 minute interviews. The questions were mostly behavioral. There were a few Technical questions but they were not very complex.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a low-level language and a high-level language   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2016.

Interview

It was a fairly typical interview process. Two phone interviews and then flown out for in-person interview. The initial discussion focused on general competencies, organizational culture and relocation package. Second call, with a Director, went over the details of what the position was and responsibilities. The in-person meeting, really focused on the responsibilities and the team.

Interview Questions

• One of the managers asked how I was able to maintain an over-performing portfolio.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was relatively smooth. Had 2 behavioral interviews over the phone and was invited after to their Freddie Day event. At Freddie Day you are interviewed with two interviewers back to back with around 30 minutes per interview. It was both technical and behavioral. My interviewer had a sheet of predetermined questions and took notes after I answered each question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a behavioral phone interview in January 2015. The interview was just to get to know you better. I was invited to the McLean Headquarters in Feburary 2015 for an three-round technical interview for different positions. The interview process was great. While everyone recivied job offers in mid March, I was anxious to see if I made the "hiring-list" so I reached out to the company. The next day I received an email stating that they chose another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Most behavioral questions integrated with technology questions as well.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

it was very easy interview. i applied through university. first interview was telephonic interview. This interview was all about position and company. some basic question about qualification and from resume seems like behavioral interview. second interview was at company headquarter. there were lots of candidates there for interview. At this day there were two interview from two different manager. these interview was all about basic skills, brain teaser, some coding skills and more like behavioral type interview .

Quantitative Analytics Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online in October. Contacted by HR after a week. There are two rounds. First is a phone interview with a manager, after that is an onsite interview with the team in November.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are technical including both basic statistics and computer skills like SAS   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

Applied through the technology Analyst program. Was contacted almost a day after and then was scheduled for a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes and were mostly behavioral questions. Then was asked to come In for a face to face interview at their offices. I was there with all the other applicants and we were each scheduled for two face to face interviews that lasted about 35 minutes each.

Accounting/Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The first round interview was a phone call that lasted approximately 30 minutes. These were mainly behavior based questions. They asked to describe personal work situations and experiences. Know how Freddie Mac operates.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2016.

Interview

It is a pretty straight forward process. A recruiter contacted me and did a quick phone interview. Then I talked to one of the managers at a department for about 30-45 mins. If you did well you should receive an invitation to Freddie Day, which all the potential recruits attend.

Interview Questions

• Name one time where you were stretched thin and how did you approach that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Great experience! I applied through the site and got a call the week after.

Then scheduled a technical interview with the hiring manager few days after. Very simple interview, they asked me about my resume and especially my projects and what skills I have.
    (tbh interview experience depends up what kind of manager is hiring you!!)

Then had a in-person interview, it was very technical, easy to medium level questions. Mainly based off of the projects and skills you have. The people were great and done everything on time!

I enjoyed the interview process with Freddie Mac!

Honestly read every interview questions on Glassdoor and you are set!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the Projects you worked on?
      Write basic Java code.
      How SQL commands and questions.
      GIT version controlling questions.
      Answer Question