Freddie Mac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Freddie Mac Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

2.8

Business Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Recruiter called to set up a phone interview. I had a phone interview. The questions were all pretty straight forward and behavioral. Still waiting to hear back if I made it to the next round which is a super day that they call "Freddie Day" at the company's headquarters in Mclean, Virgina. After I believe they make their decisions about hiring for the program.

Interview Questions

• What does Freddie Mac do?
      Why do you want to work at Freddie Mac?
      Basic Behavioral Questions about skill set
      Answer Question

Eligibility Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Day 1: phone screen. Mostly behavioral questions cover topics such as teamwork experience, ability to meet deadlines, and organizational skill etc.
    Day 2: got a call back for in-person interview. Three days later, I came in and spoke with 5 interviewers. I got behavioral questions again.
    The day after I got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• do you prefer working independently to working in team?   Answer Question
    • can you describe a situation in which you work on multiple projects/deadlines?   Answer Question
    • how do you handle conflict with your coworkers?   Answer Question
    • how would your past employer describe you?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Great experience! I applied through the site and got a call the week after.

Then scheduled a technical interview with the hiring manager few days after. Very simple interview, they asked me about my resume and especially my projects and what skills I have.
    (tbh interview experience depends up what kind of manager is hiring you!!)

Then had a in-person interview, it was very technical, easy to medium level questions. Mainly based off of the projects and skills you have. The people were great and done everything on time!

I enjoyed the interview process with Freddie Mac!

Honestly read every interview questions on Glassdoor and you are set!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the Projects you worked on?
      Write basic Java code.
      How SQL commands and questions.
      GIT version controlling questions.
      Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2016.

Interview

It was a fairly typical interview process. Two phone interviews and then flown out for in-person interview. The initial discussion focused on general competencies, organizational culture and relocation package. Second call, with a Director, went over the details of what the position was and responsibilities. The in-person meeting, really focused on the responsibilities and the team.

Interview Questions

• One of the managers asked how I was able to maintain an over-performing portfolio.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

They asked technical questions to see if my experience fits with the job description. It was a 30 min phone call with the hiring manager. It was entry level so they didn't ask that specific. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

My phone interview was originally scheduled on a different day. I dialed into the conference call the first day it was scheduled for and no one showed up. I then followed up with the recruiter and let him know that no one had joined. He then followed up with the hiring manager and let me know that the hiring manager had sent him an email asking to reschedule the interview for the following week because he was on vacation. The recruiter apologized and stated that he did not receive the email from the hiring manager and he rescheduled the phone interview for the following week. I then met with the hiring manager and one of their colleagues. The interview seemed to go well but was difficult to gauge given that it was a phone screen. After the interview I sent a follow-up to the recruiting manager thanking him for his time and requesting any feedback on the phone interview. The recruiting manager has not replied to my email inquiry and it is now four days after the phone interview and three days after the follow-up email was sent.

Interview Questions

• How do you apply earned value management to your project plans.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2016.

Interview

It is a pretty straight forward process. A recruiter contacted me and did a quick phone interview. Then I talked to one of the managers at a department for about 30-45 mins. If you did well you should receive an invitation to Freddie Day, which all the potential recruits attend.

Interview Questions

• Name one time where you were stretched thin and how did you approach that situation?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

I applied through a Recuriter, the process took about 3 weeks, they invited me for a face2face interview at the McLean, VA location. Very RACIAL oriented people. If you're white, Indian, or Spanish, of course they will hire you (Just don't be black). The interview was very relaxed. 6 people panel interview asking job-unrelated questions. One of the interviewer (Employee) said her major was Music. Hahaha!!! The manager specifically said they're trying to mix their team with "other culture" (black folks) to look "balance". At that point, I knew I'm in a wrong company Lol... I said to myself, oh... "You're being hired for your skin not your skills". I have passed that level in my career so I smiled and went with the flow. I accepted another offer from one of the best Federal contractor and ignored their calls.

Interview Questions

• 1)Describe yourself in one word   1 Answer

Multifamily Capital Markets Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Mc Lean, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

HR staff schedule a telephone call in the morning. I've prepared the whole day before that. But actually she just as one question which is do you need sponsorship or not. I explained a lot that I have employment authorization card, and I'm eligible to work using my STEM OPT in three years without sponsorship. But she still doesn't give any opportunities.

Tech Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

Straight forward and professional. Started with a phone interview then an on sight interview a week later. Everyone there was very friendly, and the atmosphere made it easy to get comfortable during the interview.