Freddie Mac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 5, 2018

2.8

Underwriting Analyst, Underwriting Document Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

2 -3 parts, initial recruiter review, phone interview and in-person interview. General easy questions but all along they planned on hiring internally but brought me in for round 3. Interview went great but they emailed me that they were hiring internally. Be careful applying to companies like Freddie because they will be fake and happy in front of you but when you leave they already know the plan. Don't expect honestly, I was dragged to 3 interviews and all along they knew they weren't going to hire me even if the hiring manager "requested" for me to come in and I didn't even apply. I felt like a toy!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Freddie?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2017.

Interview

Very good process. HR recruiter called, scheduled for in person interview. Had inperson interview with a peer and then the director. After 2 weeks had the final interview with the VP. All good, process was nicely done. Received the offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multi year programs with respect to costing, resource management etc   Answer Question

MF BTO Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Generally getting to know you questions. Very conversational interview, Not robotic or just reading off a paper. Looking for a culture fit as well as technical skills. Very nice people. refreshments offered.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an in-person interview. Phone interview was quick and set up in person almost immediately. In person interview was a panel. Given names of interviews beforehand which was helpful. Sat in front of 3 interviewers. Questions were easy, mainly just discussed past experiences and future goals.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

Applied through the technology Analyst program. Was contacted almost a day after and then was scheduled for a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes and were mostly behavioral questions. Then was asked to come In for a face to face interview at their offices. I was there with all the other applicants and we were each scheduled for two face to face interviews that lasted about 35 minutes each.

Accounting/Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The first round interview was a phone call that lasted approximately 30 minutes. These were mainly behavior based questions. They asked to describe personal work situations and experiences. Know how Freddie Mac operates.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

it was very easy interview. i applied through university. first interview was telephonic interview. This interview was all about position and company. some basic question about qualification and from resume seems like behavioral interview. second interview was at company headquarter. there were lots of candidates there for interview. At this day there were two interview from two different manager. these interview was all about basic skills, brain teaser, some coding skills and more like behavioral type interview .

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through a referral. Got an email for a phone interview relatively quick. The phone interview consisted of many behavioral questions. Passed the phone interview and was invited to the on sight interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you turned an obstacle into an opportunity.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analytics Senior Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online in October. Contacted by HR after a week. There are two rounds. First is a phone interview with a manager, after that is an onsite interview with the team in November.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are technical including both basic statistics and computer skills like SAS   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was relatively smooth. Had 2 behavioral interviews over the phone and was invited after to their Freddie Day event. At Freddie Day you are interviewed with two interviewers back to back with around 30 minutes per interview. It was both technical and behavioral. My interviewer had a sheet of predetermined questions and took notes after I answered each question.