Freddie Mac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Freddie Mac Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.8

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2016.

Interview

It is a pretty straight forward process. A recruiter contacted me and did a quick phone interview. Then I talked to one of the managers at a department for about 30-45 mins. If you did well you should receive an invitation to Freddie Day, which all the potential recruits attend.

Interview Questions

• Name one time where you were stretched thin and how did you approach that situation?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

I applied through a Recuriter, the process took about 3 weeks, they invited me for a face2face interview at the McLean, VA location. Very RACIAL oriented people. If you're white, Indian, or Spanish, of course they will hire you (Just don't be black). The interview was very relaxed. 6 people panel interview asking job-unrelated questions. One of the interviewer (Employee) said her major was Music. Hahaha!!! The manager specifically said they're trying to mix their team with "other culture" (black folks) to look "balance". At that point, I knew I'm in a wrong company Lol... I said to myself, oh... "You're being hired for your skin not your skills". I have passed that level in my career so I smiled and went with the flow. I accepted another offer from one of the best Federal contractor and ignored their calls.

Interview Questions

• 1)Describe yourself in one word   1 Answer

Multifamily Capital Markets Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Mc Lean, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

HR staff schedule a telephone call in the morning. I've prepared the whole day before that. But actually she just as one question which is do you need sponsorship or not. I explained a lot that I have employment authorization card, and I'm eligible to work using my STEM OPT in three years without sponsorship. But she still doesn't give any opportunities.

Tech Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

Straight forward and professional. Started with a phone interview then an on sight interview a week later. Everyone there was very friendly, and the atmosphere made it easy to get comfortable during the interview.

Loss MItigation Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Amazing ... Panel driven...be ready for anything. I did a lot of homework. I checked through the possible interview questions and prepared answers, while also researching the company’s background. I found the WikiJob website was quite useful for me during my preparation.

Interview Questions

• What influenced you to think this was your ideal job?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I just had one phone interview with the manager who asked me technical questions on SQL and about my resume. There was no in-person interview, as it was just over the phone. There were a couple behavioral questions.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Carrollton, TX).

Interview

Applied in February 2016, interviewed 3 times in march and April. The interview was a panel of 4 people who are on the team and they asked basic behavioral questions.

Agile Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

The interview is best described as different than other agile coach interviews. It was a short panel interview with 3 other coaches. It started with introductions and questions about my background. Then, they asked me to pick a question from a set of cards and asked me to give as a live presentation on how scrum works. At the end we talked about how I teach and coach.

Interview Questions

• Show how you would coach a new team about Scrum   1 Answer

Business Management Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through the Freddie Mac career website. Received a call from HR to discuss usual, followed by a call with the hiring manager (would be my direct supervisor in group, not HR), then final in-person interview with a senior associate, same hiring manager, and director of the group. The interviews were a total of 2 hours (about 1 hour with the senior/hiring manager and another 45+ minutes with director) Each person explained how this position would be integral to the group and various customers. Everyone seemed knowledgeable about their strengths and areas of opportunities to improve.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would prioritize tasks if you had multiple demands on your time by different customers or supervisors?

Also, be prepared to fluently describe your current roles/responsibilities and how it relates to the position. They will be asking many questions about your experiences so make sure you have strong examples to highlight what they are looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an $8k increase. Based on another standing offer I had from a competing firm I was able to get Freddie to increase their salary offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

It was a fairly simple process. I applied and was contacted by a recruiter. They had me come in and I met with the team I was going to be working with. They all interviewed me separately and had their own set of questions they asked.