Freddie Mac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.8

Financial Controller Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Mc Lean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

They got my resume through a recruiter ,wanted me to come in for in person interview .It was a 1 hour 40 minutes interview .Met the director & senior manager for 30 minutes,and another accounting manager for 30 minutes and at last 40 minutes was with a senor staff who asked me most of the interview questions .

Interview Questions

• How did you manage to fix the issues (problem solving) in your previous employment ?   Answer Question
    • what is your weakness? and one thing I liked /disliked in my previous job   Answer Question

Negotiation

i think if you have necessary qualification you will get paid well.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was very smooth and my recruiter was awesome. Use the questions on this site and you should be good for the Interview. I promised myself I would help others when I received my offer and some points to others that are still trying to receive their offer. Freddie Day is a wonderful experience so make sure to pay attention during the many presentations that are there to help you learn more about the company. Try not to be nervous since the hiring managers want to get to know you and about your past experiences, whether project or work based. Finally I will finish with ask questions since this is what every company I've interviewed with over the course of the school year have reiterated to me.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Behaviorial questions with a mixture of technical. Make sure to practice your answers a few days prior to your interview and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac in February 2016.

Interview

Had applied online. The recruiter called and arranged for a phone interview with a project manager. The recruiter will also ask you which two fields you want to work in. I just chose software development and nothing else.

Asked bunch of behavioral questions.

Was later was invited for on-site interviews. On-site: They give you a tour of the company and you are interviewed back to back (I think it was 30 or 45 minutes) by two different project managers. Bunch of behavioral and technical questions.

If you cannot answer these technical questions I would advise you to rethink your career path. These are so easy.

The recruiting atmosphere is the most welcoming experience I've had so far. They get back to you quickly.

However, I am putting it as a neutral experience because of the processes that happened after they give you an offer.

Interview Questions

• just know SQL, database (relational and non), OOP, UML diagrams, and programming concepts. These questions are really not technical at all.   Answer Question

Cannot negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was mostly behavioral questions with two technical questions.

There's an on site interview if you pass the phone interview.

I recommend staying calm and confident for the onsite interview. Be yourself. The hiring managers are more interested in having a conversation than an official interview.

They also focused on talking about the relevant work/internship experience I had on my resume.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Three rounds. People are all very nice. They require good attitude and strong learning ability. No tough questions, all based on your past experience. The HR is very friendly too they will give you detailed instructions of how to get to the building. They asked about past experience, analytic skills, as well as some code skills, not required, but if you know it, it's better.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Since I received good feedback from other teams that interested in my technical experience, the phone interview was skipped. There was one in-person interview. The manager was very professional and very courteous.

Interview Questions

• Object Oriented programming questions, design patterns, sql joins, java libraries for xml, and work related experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was measured against the average salary for the position and my working experience. The salary is reasonable. I'm pleased with the offer.

Testing Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

the job process was good and great and i really like my interwove and i got thejob and i was nervous but he helped me and the interview was one on one and after that the hr called me and then my review was done and after that they called me with my job offer and i declined

Interview Questions

i thought the salary was really low

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Very friendly, prompted status updates. quick a few interviews. Had an interview with the HR person first, followed by the hiring manager, than ended with the director and VP all in a span of a few days

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Freddie Mac? What does Freddie Mac do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

I advise you go to any of the events open to the public- it helped me land this year round internship. I had a brief phone interview with a manager, then got called in for the in-person. A few rounds, meeting with managers, supervisors, directors, and the VP of my department. Overall, it was a pleasant experience, no pressure, all straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked in a group and there was a problem, how did you address it?   1 Answer

Senior Level Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, and one on-site interview. The whole process did take a bit long, but this occurred during the later part of the year when a lot of people were taking time off for the holidays.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about the company, and how familiar was I with mortgage servicing.   Answer Question