Freddie Mac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Freddie Mac Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, and one on-site interview. The whole process did take a bit long, but this occurred during the later part of the year when a lot of people were taking time off for the holidays.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about the company, and how familiar was I with mortgage servicing.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

The guy who interviewed me was very hard to understand on the phone. He was kind of a jerk and it took him a couple of tries to connect with me securely on the phone.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through school. The first interview was primarily to just walk them through my resume via a phone call. The second interview was also over the phone. It was primarily behavioral. If they like me, I will be invited to Freddie Mac day at their campus in Virginia. I'm assuming this will be the technical aspect of the job interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Freddie Mac?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What accounting/finance course have you taken and which did you find the most helpful?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me a situation when you had to comprise in a group?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

1 telephone interview.

2 In site interview with managers. There are one to one conversation with different managers for 30 minutes.

3 Friendly and polite atmosphere and friendly questions. The questions they asked are the same as what most people can find online. So, you can tell that they also search online for questions. The salary is competitive, however they did not choose me.

Interview Questions

• describe how you solved problem in your previous job.

How to improve.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I spoke with two people for 30 minutes each. The first person spoke extremely fast - to the point of almost being unintelligible - but asked good and relevant questions and was able to communicate their needs for the position. The second person was disengaged and asked very odd questions that made it seem as if they didn't really understand the role of an analyst.

Interview Questions

• How would quickly get up-to-speed and become effective given that you haven't previously worked in this particular domain?   Answer Question
    • How would you test to make sure there were no gaps in the RTM?   Answer Question

Asset Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen with talent acquisition recruiter on a Friday. On Monday, HR called to let me know they would like me to come in and interview with members of the team. We corresponded over email to schedule the interview, which was for that Friday. I received detailed instructions on where to go and with whom I would be meeting. I met with 4 people on the time within 3 separate 30-minute interviews. HR kept in touch with me weekly to ensure I was still available as I waited for a decision to be made. I got the official offer after about a month.

Model Developer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Received email from HR and scheduled the interview with hiring manager, and after a phone interview, received onsite interview notice. They mainly asked about the general questions and some questions about your personal experience. Normal interview process and normal questions, nothing fancy and difficult. The team members are actually very nice and professional.

Development Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Mc Lean, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through recuiter.Process took 1 week to get a phone-screen interview.Interviewer was Friendly. Interviewer mainly focused on Subject related questions. It last around 20 minutes.Got call on time as scheduled. Job role is for development proffesional interview process is phone-screen folled by skype/face-to-face. mainly Job role focuses on structs, unix, ejb, jsp,oracle. Good to have Ibatis,Db2 knowledge.

Interview Questions

• 1. Project,Role,Background?
      2. Structs - configuration File?
      3. Ibatis?
      4. Ejb?
      5. Abstraction and Interface? which is efficient?
      6. LinkedList And ArrayList? For Storing which is efficient?
      7.GC?
      8. Hibernate Query?criteria query?
      9. Unix comd? read data, list data?
      10. Jsp presention layer ? how have you done that?
      11.oracle Joins question?   Answer Question

MicroStrategy Architect/Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with manager who asks technical questions about MicroStrategy concepts and dimensional modeling followed by 2nd face to face with 3-5 people asking additional technical questions and specific questions related to resume.

Interview Questions

• Type 2 dimension, Difference between having and where in SQL, Snowflake vs Star schemas.   Answer Question

Multifamily Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone call from Freddie Mac hiring manager. Get right into the conversation and talk basics about yourself and your background (academics and work). No questions were hard. He/She will explain about the job after you describe yourself briefly. And ask couple questions about your work experiences checking if they are a good fit for the position. After about 20 minutes, the interviewer will let you know of the next timeline