Freddie Mac Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.7

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who scheduled a phone interview. after the phone interview, I was invited to Freddie day. A two-day event which consisted of a small mixer the first night and the second day was a campus tour, a panel discussion with recent hires and two 30 minute interviews. The questions were mostly behavioral. There were a few Technical questions but they were not very complex.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a low-level language and a high-level language   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Freddie Mac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was relatively smooth. Had 2 behavioral interviews over the phone and was invited after to their Freddie Day event. At Freddie Day you are interviewed with two interviewers back to back with around 30 minutes per interview. It was both technical and behavioral. My interviewer had a sheet of predetermined questions and took notes after I answered each question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I had a phone interview in October of 2016. It was fairly easy, really more like a conversation than an interview. The interviewer was very descriptive of the job and the company. I haven't heard back yet about a second interview, but I'm still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you turned an obstacle into an opportunity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Great experience! I applied through the site and got a call the week after.

Then scheduled a technical interview with the hiring manager few days after. Very simple interview, they asked me about my resume and especially my projects and what skills I have.
    (tbh interview experience depends up what kind of manager is hiring you!!)

Then had a in-person interview, it was very technical, easy to medium level questions. Mainly based off of the projects and skills you have. The people were great and done everything on time!

I enjoyed the interview process with Freddie Mac!

Honestly read every interview questions on Glassdoor and you are set!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the Projects you worked on?
      Write basic Java code.
      How SQL commands and questions.
      GIT version controlling questions.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2016.

Interview

It is a pretty straight forward process. A recruiter contacted me and did a quick phone interview. Then I talked to one of the managers at a department for about 30-45 mins. If you did well you should receive an invitation to Freddie Day, which all the potential recruits attend.

Interview Questions

• Name one time where you were stretched thin and how did you approach that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Carrollton, TX).

Interview

Applied in February 2016, interviewed 3 times in march and April. The interview was a panel of 4 people who are on the team and they asked basic behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was very smooth and my recruiter was awesome. Use the questions on this site and you should be good for the Interview. I promised myself I would help others when I received my offer and some points to others that are still trying to receive their offer. Freddie Day is a wonderful experience so make sure to pay attention during the many presentations that are there to help you learn more about the company. Try not to be nervous since the hiring managers want to get to know you and about your past experiences, whether project or work based. Finally I will finish with ask questions since this is what every company I've interviewed with over the course of the school year have reiterated to me.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Behaviorial questions with a mixture of technical. Make sure to practice your answers a few days prior to your interview and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac in February 2016.

Interview

Had applied online. The recruiter called and arranged for a phone interview with a project manager. The recruiter will also ask you which two fields you want to work in. I just chose software development and nothing else.

Asked bunch of behavioral questions.

Was later was invited for on-site interviews. On-site: They give you a tour of the company and you are interviewed back to back (I think it was 30 or 45 minutes) by two different project managers. Bunch of behavioral and technical questions.

If you cannot answer these technical questions I would advise you to rethink your career path. These are so easy.

The recruiting atmosphere is the most welcoming experience I've had so far. They get back to you quickly.

However, I am putting it as a neutral experience because of the processes that happened after they give you an offer.

Interview Questions

• just know SQL, database (relational and non), OOP, UML diagrams, and programming concepts. These questions are really not technical at all.   Answer Question

Cannot negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was mostly behavioral questions with two technical questions.

There's an on site interview if you pass the phone interview.

I recommend staying calm and confident for the onsite interview. Be yourself. The hiring managers are more interested in having a conversation than an official interview.

They also focused on talking about the relevant work/internship experience I had on my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

i got the first round phone interview after I submit my resume on my school recruiting website, and they asked me about my background and why i want to apply to this company. And I received an email confirmation for the second round, which was onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• why do you think you fit this position, and what is you weakness.   Answer Question