Freddie Mac Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.9

Quantitative Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Pre-screening by phone interview. A series of 45 minute interviews followed by a short presentation on campus visit. Interviewers were super-nice. You should know OLS, IV, Logistic Regression by heart. In addition, some questions involved personality and hypothetical real-life situations.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who scheduled a phone interview. after the phone interview, I was invited to Freddie day. A two-day event which consisted of a small mixer the first night and the second day was a campus tour, a panel discussion with recent hires and two 30 minute interviews. The questions were mostly behavioral. There were a few Technical questions but they were not very complex.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a low-level language and a high-level language   Answer Question

Underwriting Analyst, Underwriting Document Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

2 -3 parts, initial recruiter review, phone interview and in-person interview. General easy questions but all along they planned on hiring internally but brought me in for round 3. Interview went great but they emailed me that they were hiring internally. Be careful applying to companies like Freddie because they will be fake and happy in front of you but when you leave they already know the plan. Don't expect honestly, I was dragged to 3 interviews and all along they knew they weren't going to hire me even if the hiring manager "requested" for me to come in and I didn't even apply. I felt like a toy!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Freddie?   1 Answer

MF BTO Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Generally getting to know you questions. Very conversational interview, Not robotic or just reading off a paper. Looking for a culture fit as well as technical skills. Very nice people. refreshments offered.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

Applied through the technology Analyst program. Was contacted almost a day after and then was scheduled for a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes and were mostly behavioral questions. Then was asked to come In for a face to face interview at their offices. I was there with all the other applicants and we were each scheduled for two face to face interviews that lasted about 35 minutes each.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

it was very easy interview. i applied through university. first interview was telephonic interview. This interview was all about position and company. some basic question about qualification and from resume seems like behavioral interview. second interview was at company headquarter. there were lots of candidates there for interview. At this day there were two interview from two different manager. these interview was all about basic skills, brain teaser, some coding skills and more like behavioral type interview .

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through a referral. Got an email for a phone interview relatively quick. The phone interview consisted of many behavioral questions. Passed the phone interview and was invited to the on sight interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you turned an obstacle into an opportunity.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analytics Senior Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online in October. Contacted by HR after a week. There are two rounds. First is a phone interview with a manager, after that is an onsite interview with the team in November.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are technical including both basic statistics and computer skills like SAS   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was relatively smooth. Had 2 behavioral interviews over the phone and was invited after to their Freddie Day event. At Freddie Day you are interviewed with two interviewers back to back with around 30 minutes per interview. It was both technical and behavioral. My interviewer had a sheet of predetermined questions and took notes after I answered each question.

Eligibility Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Day 1: phone screen. Mostly behavioral questions cover topics such as teamwork experience, ability to meet deadlines, and organizational skill etc.
    Day 2: got a call back for in-person interview. Three days later, I came in and spoke with 5 interviewers. I got behavioral questions again.
    The day after I got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• do you prefer working independently to working in team?   Answer Question
    • can you describe a situation in which you work on multiple projects/deadlines?   Answer Question
    • how do you handle conflict with your coworkers?   Answer Question
    • how would your past employer describe you?   Answer Question