Freddie Mac Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Freddie Mac Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who scheduled a phone interview. after the phone interview, I was invited to Freddie day. A two-day event which consisted of a small mixer the first night and the second day was a campus tour, a panel discussion with recent hires and two 30 minute interviews. The questions were mostly behavioral. There were a few Technical questions but they were not very complex.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a low-level language and a high-level language   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

Applied through the technology Analyst program. Was contacted almost a day after and then was scheduled for a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes and were mostly behavioral questions. Then was asked to come In for a face to face interview at their offices. I was there with all the other applicants and we were each scheduled for two face to face interviews that lasted about 35 minutes each.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

it was very easy interview. i applied through university. first interview was telephonic interview. This interview was all about position and company. some basic question about qualification and from resume seems like behavioral interview. second interview was at company headquarter. there were lots of candidates there for interview. At this day there were two interview from two different manager. these interview was all about basic skills, brain teaser, some coding skills and more like behavioral type interview .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through a referral. Got an email for a phone interview relatively quick. The phone interview consisted of many behavioral questions. Passed the phone interview and was invited to the on sight interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you turned an obstacle into an opportunity.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analytics Senior Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online in October. Contacted by HR after a week. There are two rounds. First is a phone interview with a manager, after that is an onsite interview with the team in November.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are technical including both basic statistics and computer skills like SAS   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was relatively smooth. Had 2 behavioral interviews over the phone and was invited after to their Freddie Day event. At Freddie Day you are interviewed with two interviewers back to back with around 30 minutes per interview. It was both technical and behavioral. My interviewer had a sheet of predetermined questions and took notes after I answered each question.

Eligibility Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Day 1: phone screen. Mostly behavioral questions cover topics such as teamwork experience, ability to meet deadlines, and organizational skill etc.
    Day 2: got a call back for in-person interview. Three days later, I came in and spoke with 5 interviewers. I got behavioral questions again.
    The day after I got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• do you prefer working independently to working in team?   Answer Question
    • can you describe a situation in which you work on multiple projects/deadlines?   Answer Question
    • how do you handle conflict with your coworkers?   Answer Question
    • how would your past employer describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Great experience! I applied through the site and got a call the week after.

Then scheduled a technical interview with the hiring manager few days after. Very simple interview, they asked me about my resume and especially my projects and what skills I have.
    (tbh interview experience depends up what kind of manager is hiring you!!)

Then had a in-person interview, it was very technical, easy to medium level questions. Mainly based off of the projects and skills you have. The people were great and done everything on time!

I enjoyed the interview process with Freddie Mac!

Honestly read every interview questions on Glassdoor and you are set!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the Projects you worked on?
      Write basic Java code.
      How SQL commands and questions.
      GIT version controlling questions.
      Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

My phone interview was originally scheduled on a different day. I dialed into the conference call the first day it was scheduled for and no one showed up. I then followed up with the recruiter and let him know that no one had joined. He then followed up with the hiring manager and let me know that the hiring manager had sent him an email asking to reschedule the interview for the following week because he was on vacation. The recruiter apologized and stated that he did not receive the email from the hiring manager and he rescheduled the phone interview for the following week. I then met with the hiring manager and one of their colleagues. The interview seemed to go well but was difficult to gauge given that it was a phone screen. After the interview I sent a follow-up to the recruiting manager thanking him for his time and requesting any feedback on the phone interview. The recruiting manager has not replied to my email inquiry and it is now four days after the phone interview and three days after the follow-up email was sent.

Interview Questions

• How do you apply earned value management to your project plans.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

I applied through a Recuriter, the process took about 3 weeks, they invited me for a face2face interview at the McLean, VA location. Very RACIAL oriented people. If you're white, Indian, or Spanish, of course they will hire you (Just don't be black). The interview was very relaxed. 6 people panel interview asking job-unrelated questions. One of the interviewer (Employee) said her major was Music. Hahaha!!! The manager specifically said they're trying to mix their team with "other culture" (black folks) to look "balance". At that point, I knew I'm in a wrong company Lol... I said to myself, oh... "You're being hired for your skin not your skills". I have passed that level in my career so I smiled and went with the flow. I accepted another offer from one of the best Federal contractor and ignored their calls.

Interview Questions

• 1)Describe yourself in one word   1 Answer