Freddie Mac Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.9

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Great experience! I applied through the site and got a call the week after.

Then scheduled a technical interview with the hiring manager few days after. Very simple interview, they asked me about my resume and especially my projects and what skills I have.
    (tbh interview experience depends up what kind of manager is hiring you!!)

Then had a in-person interview, it was very technical, easy to medium level questions. Mainly based off of the projects and skills you have. The people were great and done everything on time!

I enjoyed the interview process with Freddie Mac!

Honestly read every interview questions on Glassdoor and you are set!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the Projects you worked on?
      Write basic Java code.
      How SQL commands and questions.
      GIT version controlling questions.
      Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

My phone interview was originally scheduled on a different day. I dialed into the conference call the first day it was scheduled for and no one showed up. I then followed up with the recruiter and let him know that no one had joined. He then followed up with the hiring manager and let me know that the hiring manager had sent him an email asking to reschedule the interview for the following week because he was on vacation. The recruiter apologized and stated that he did not receive the email from the hiring manager and he rescheduled the phone interview for the following week. I then met with the hiring manager and one of their colleagues. The interview seemed to go well but was difficult to gauge given that it was a phone screen. After the interview I sent a follow-up to the recruiting manager thanking him for his time and requesting any feedback on the phone interview. The recruiting manager has not replied to my email inquiry and it is now four days after the phone interview and three days after the follow-up email was sent.

Interview Questions

• How do you apply earned value management to your project plans.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

I applied through a Recuriter, the process took about 3 weeks, they invited me for a face2face interview at the McLean, VA location. Very RACIAL oriented people. If you're white, Indian, or Spanish, of course they will hire you (Just don't be black). The interview was very relaxed. 6 people panel interview asking job-unrelated questions. One of the interviewer (Employee) said her major was Music. Hahaha!!! The manager specifically said they're trying to mix their team with "other culture" (black folks) to look "balance". At that point, I knew I'm in a wrong company Lol... I said to myself, oh... "You're being hired for your skin not your skills". I have passed that level in my career so I smiled and went with the flow. I accepted another offer from one of the best Federal contractor and ignored their calls.

Interview Questions

• 1)Describe yourself in one word   1 Answer

Multifamily Capital Markets Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Mc Lean, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

HR staff schedule a telephone call in the morning. I've prepared the whole day before that. But actually she just as one question which is do you need sponsorship or not. I explained a lot that I have employment authorization card, and I'm eligible to work using my STEM OPT in three years without sponsorship. But she still doesn't give any opportunities.

Tech Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

Straight forward and professional. Started with a phone interview then an on sight interview a week later. Everyone there was very friendly, and the atmosphere made it easy to get comfortable during the interview.

Loss MItigation Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Amazing ... Panel driven...be ready for anything. I did a lot of homework. I checked through the possible interview questions and prepared answers, while also researching the company’s background. I found the WikiJob website was quite useful for me during my preparation.

Interview Questions

• What influenced you to think this was your ideal job?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I just had one phone interview with the manager who asked me technical questions on SQL and about my resume. There was no in-person interview, as it was just over the phone. There were a couple behavioral questions.

Agile Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

The interview is best described as different than other agile coach interviews. It was a short panel interview with 3 other coaches. It started with introductions and questions about my background. Then, they asked me to pick a question from a set of cards and asked me to give as a live presentation on how scrum works. At the end we talked about how I teach and coach.

Interview Questions

• Show how you would coach a new team about Scrum   1 Answer

Business Management Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through the Freddie Mac career website. Received a call from HR to discuss usual, followed by a call with the hiring manager (would be my direct supervisor in group, not HR), then final in-person interview with a senior associate, same hiring manager, and director of the group. The interviews were a total of 2 hours (about 1 hour with the senior/hiring manager and another 45+ minutes with director) Each person explained how this position would be integral to the group and various customers. Everyone seemed knowledgeable about their strengths and areas of opportunities to improve.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would prioritize tasks if you had multiple demands on your time by different customers or supervisors?

Also, be prepared to fluently describe your current roles/responsibilities and how it relates to the position. They will be asking many questions about your experiences so make sure you have strong examples to highlight what they are looking for.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an $8k increase. Based on another standing offer I had from a competing firm I was able to get Freddie to increase their salary offer.

Financial Controller Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Mc Lean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

They got my resume through a recruiter ,wanted me to come in for in person interview .It was a 1 hour 40 minutes interview .Met the director & senior manager for 30 minutes,and another accounting manager for 30 minutes and at last 40 minutes was with a senor staff who asked me most of the interview questions .

Interview Questions

• How did you manage to fix the issues (problem solving) in your previous employment ?   Answer Question
    • what is your weakness? and one thing I liked /disliked in my previous job   Answer Question

Negotiation

i think if you have necessary qualification you will get paid well.