Freddie Mac Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.9

129 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Multifamily Capital Markets Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Mc Lean, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

HR staff schedule a telephone call in the morning. I've prepared the whole day before that. But actually she just as one question which is do you need sponsorship or not. I explained a lot that I have employment authorization card, and I'm eligible to work using my STEM OPT in three years without sponsorship. But she still doesn't give any opportunities.

Tech Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

Straight forward and professional. Started with a phone interview then an on sight interview a week later. Everyone there was very friendly, and the atmosphere made it easy to get comfortable during the interview.

Loss MItigation Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Amazing ... Panel driven...be ready for anything. I did a lot of homework. I checked through the possible interview questions and prepared answers, while also researching the company’s background. I found the WikiJob website was quite useful for me during my preparation.

Interview Questions

• What influenced you to think this was your ideal job?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I just had one phone interview with the manager who asked me technical questions on SQL and about my resume. There was no in-person interview, as it was just over the phone. There were a couple behavioral questions.

Agile Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

The interview is best described as different than other agile coach interviews. It was a short panel interview with 3 other coaches. It started with introductions and questions about my background. Then, they asked me to pick a question from a set of cards and asked me to give as a live presentation on how scrum works. At the end we talked about how I teach and coach.

Interview Questions

• Show how you would coach a new team about Scrum   1 Answer

Business Management Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through the Freddie Mac career website. Received a call from HR to discuss usual, followed by a call with the hiring manager (would be my direct supervisor in group, not HR), then final in-person interview with a senior associate, same hiring manager, and director of the group. The interviews were a total of 2 hours (about 1 hour with the senior/hiring manager and another 45+ minutes with director) Each person explained how this position would be integral to the group and various customers. Everyone seemed knowledgeable about their strengths and areas of opportunities to improve.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would prioritize tasks if you had multiple demands on your time by different customers or supervisors?

Also, be prepared to fluently describe your current roles/responsibilities and how it relates to the position. They will be asking many questions about your experiences so make sure you have strong examples to highlight what they are looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an $8k increase. Based on another standing offer I had from a competing firm I was able to get Freddie to increase their salary offer.

Financial Controller Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Mc Lean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

They got my resume through a recruiter ,wanted me to come in for in person interview .It was a 1 hour 40 minutes interview .Met the director & senior manager for 30 minutes,and another accounting manager for 30 minutes and at last 40 minutes was with a senor staff who asked me most of the interview questions .

Interview Questions

• How did you manage to fix the issues (problem solving) in your previous employment ?   Answer Question
    • what is your weakness? and one thing I liked /disliked in my previous job   Answer Question

Negotiation

i think if you have necessary qualification you will get paid well.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was very smooth and my recruiter was awesome. Use the questions on this site and you should be good for the Interview. I promised myself I would help others when I received my offer and some points to others that are still trying to receive their offer. Freddie Day is a wonderful experience so make sure to pay attention during the many presentations that are there to help you learn more about the company. Try not to be nervous since the hiring managers want to get to know you and about your past experiences, whether project or work based. Finally I will finish with ask questions since this is what every company I've interviewed with over the course of the school year have reiterated to me.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Behaviorial questions with a mixture of technical. Make sure to practice your answers a few days prior to your interview and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was mostly behavioral questions with two technical questions.

There's an on site interview if you pass the phone interview.

I recommend staying calm and confident for the onsite interview. Be yourself. The hiring managers are more interested in having a conversation than an official interview.

They also focused on talking about the relevant work/internship experience I had on my resume.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Three rounds. People are all very nice. They require good attitude and strong learning ability. No tough questions, all based on your past experience. The HR is very friendly too they will give you detailed instructions of how to get to the building. They asked about past experience, analytic skills, as well as some code skills, not required, but if you know it, it's better.