Free People Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Free People Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Free People

2.5

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

The application was long as were the interviews but the girls all seemed really nice, slightly quirky but nice. People seem to stay at the company and move up easily which is appealing but I can't personally speak to that.

Better job opportunity

Other Interview Reviews for Free People

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Drove 12 hours for interview - stayed overnight in hotel downtown in the city - wore $400+ in Free People clothing - clearly showed immense interest in position and 100% qualified for any management position and the company chose the other candidate because they lived in town and wouldn't have to wait 2 weeks. This showed me the company (at least store location) had low business ethics and no appreciation for those who go above and beyond. Needless to say, I will never drive 12 hours for an interview again.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very basic like "what do you do for fun"-nothing what I expected for the known time I spent to be at this interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Free People (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

3 different interviews all 20 minutes long. Traveled all over Los Angeles to interview. All the questions were pretty much the same. The store manager I was going to work with only interviewed me forfive minutes.

Interview Questions

• Which celebrity most embodies the Free People lifestyle?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

Interview process took 2.5 weeks total. A few days after I applied I was reached out to for the career quiz and once I submitted it I was contacted that day to set up an interview. I met with the store manager and the interview was a very easy and friendly chat about my experience in retail, education, and company cultures I had experience with. After my interview we set up a follow up interview with the District Manager for later in the week. The second interview was still friendly and easy but with more in depth questions and descriptions of the business and what my duties would be. After this interview they did a background check and a week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Free People/ What I liked about the brand.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me about compensation, I gave them a number but let them know I was flexible, and they met that number when I got my offer.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

Applied online, was sent a brief survey, was emailed for an interview, met with the SM and then the DM. Overall, everyone was very professional, asked meaningful questions related to the position and asked questions about myself that would directly result in a response from myself as a good fit for the brand and company or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Free People (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed in a dressing room and the person interviewing me could not think of things to ask me. She then began to tell me that enough though I have a fashion degree I would probably not find a job that easily because she had to work entry level retail for 5 years before moving up at all.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

Super Informal one sit down coffee chat to talk about my experiences for about 10-15 minutes and then it was pretty much done as well as a super informal phone call from the district manager. Overall the process was done very poor compared to other interviews I have had.

Anonymous Employee in South Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Free People (South Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Can take anywhere from a week to a month, depending upon the team that is in place at the time of hiring. It was less strict Q and A , but more conversational. Wanting to know about my work history and what I could bring to the team.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal style and how does that tie into the FP Brand?   Answer Question
    • What is your sign? (silly but that is the brand and is just a question to get to know your casual personality a little more)   Answer Question
    • What is your management style?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a challenging customer service issue you've helped resolve.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you developed a team member's growth.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Free People (Austin, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

Easy. Applied online and took personality quiz. Got a call to come in for interview. Stylsit positions are group interviews but management positions are one on one. Low Key interview, was hosted at the store.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

Asked a lot of questions based on style, personality, and where you get your inspiration from. First interview was a phone interview from a woman in one of the Texas headquarters.

Interview Questions

• What social media sites do you go for inspiration?   1 Answer