Free People Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Free People

2.3

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Free People (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Not too hard, know the store. Make sure you are dressed trendy, and know the customers that shop for the store. It's important to understand the brand and that is a lot of what is focused on

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Free People

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Free People (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

There was nothing to major, it went very smoothly. We talked about previous work experiences and if I shop at free people often. We talked about some benefits that I would receive.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Free People (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a very straight forward and easy going group interview with girls applying for different positions than I was. Received a call a few days later letting me know that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• What are three adjectives that a previous employer would use to describe you?   Answer Question
    • What is a customer service experience that you had?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Anita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Free People (Santa Anita, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied in October 2016 to work at the store I shop in at least once a week at the request of the manager who said I would be a perfect fit at said store. I didn't hear back from them until January of 2017. I had scheduled an interview at the earliest date and time that was available but asked if I could change it to the other date that was offered later in the week as my mom had to spend the night in the hospital and I wouldn't have been my best self during the interview because of it. The manager told me that if I didn't show up to the original interview then my application would essentially be thrown in the trash despite my family emergency. I will not be applying again nor will I be shopping in that store again until they get a new manager because I refuse to support anyone who is that insensitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Free People (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

good, a fun enviroment. they asked many questions but I didn't feel like a good fit for the job. New york is very competitive so I think I will try again soon in a different area. everyone was very nice and helpful especially when applying. You need to be familiar with the brand and its values to get hired...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Free People?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I filled out an application online and was contacted a few weeks later. I had a short interview in store with a couple women. Another girl was also being interviewed. It was pretty short and painless.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

They brought us into the store (new store location that was not yet open) and we did a group interview. It was not a very structured process and you just tried to get a moment to speak up.

Interview Questions

• They ask you mostly personality questions/likes/dislikes   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Free People (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

it was easy and quick. the manager asked me a few questions about my experience and how I would handle certain situations that arose in retail jobs. After a few days, I got a phone call saying they would like to hire me and that I should go in for a few training sessions (which were paid) before I officially started as a sales associate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Free People (Boulder, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

There is an online application where you have to fill out general information and a test on basic skills. Next there was a group interview where they ask questions and have all four applicants answer. It was a little awkward because everyone wanted to respond to the questions first. Overall the decision seemed largely based on the applicants schedules. Everyone in the room had the same amount of experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

Group interview to start mine had two other girls then a solo interview after if they are interested in you. After that I received a call with an offer for the job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you had a unhappy customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question