Free People Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Free People Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Anita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Free People (Santa Anita, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied in October 2016 to work at the store I shop in at least once a week at the request of the manager who said I would be a perfect fit at said store. I didn't hear back from them until January of 2017. I had scheduled an interview at the earliest date and time that was available but asked if I could change it to the other date that was offered later in the week as my mom had to spend the night in the hospital and I wouldn't have been my best self during the interview because of it. The manager told me that if I didn't show up to the original interview then my application would essentially be thrown in the trash despite my family emergency. I will not be applying again nor will I be shopping in that store again until they get a new manager because I refuse to support anyone who is that insensitive.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Free People

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

First was the phone interview with one of the managers asking personality questions. They did check my references before bringing me in for the second interview. Next I had to interview with one other person for the job where we both had to sit together and answer questions back to back so it was a little stressful. Typical interview questions was asked.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

Group Interview. Easy and exciting. The manager was so nice and really interested in what everyone had to say! Most of the questions that were asked revolved specifically around Free People and why YOU want to work for them. You should know about FP if you want a job there.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Free People in May 2015.

Interview

It was hard because it was my first group interview and everyone had a lot of experience.. and i did not. They asked questions that required you to have experience and I never had a job so it was hard for me.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Free People (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Not too hard, know the store. Make sure you are dressed trendy, and know the customers that shop for the store. It's important to understand the brand and that is a lot of what is focused on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Free People (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

good, a fun enviroment. they asked many questions but I didn't feel like a good fit for the job. New york is very competitive so I think I will try again soon in a different area. everyone was very nice and helpful especially when applying. You need to be familiar with the brand and its values to get hired...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Free People?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Free People (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The initial interview is in a group setting with a round of questions. if the interviewer believes you would be a good candidate, they invite you back for a second interview with the store manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

There were walk-in, group interviews weekly, so I went twice. I have learned it varies on the interviewer, if he/she is feeling it or not. My first interview was standard and nothing was very expected, other than fill out an application and leave your resume. Never heard from that one. The second interview consisted of a compilation of their clothes and showcasing your style and received a rejection postcard. Insulting, but better than nothing. It is a little difficult being in a group interview to shine through, so make sure you fight your way for a chance to speak.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

Went in for a group interview. Took in your sense of style for the interview as well. Each girl was wearing a full Free People outfit. Mostly asked just behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve a conflict with another co-worker in the presence of a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Free People (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The overall process went very well and was incredibly smooth. I went into the store and asked if they were hiring, and the manager told me to come in the next week for an open interview. I showed up with basic knowledge of the company and prepped to answer basic questions. There were no curve balls for the most part and the associate who interviewed me was very helpful and easy to talk to. I wasn't 18 at the time (even though I would have started in the position after my birthday), so they told me to just re apply then.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses and how do you think that they relate to this position?   Answer Question