Freedom Mortgage Prefer Not to Say Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Freedom Mortgage

1 Interview Review

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Freedom Mortgage (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

The process has been discouraging and frustrating. I applied online, and within a few days received a call from the recruiter Steve Conners to set up a phone interview. He provided very little information except for information that I had asked for. As planned I received the call on time and felt that it went well. When I asked what the next steps were I was told they would be making a decision by the end of the next week. I was very surprised that there were not any additional steps or even a Skype interview (as they were out of state). I proceeded just as you should with any interview with a thank you email. Also expressing that I did not realize this would be the only opportunity I had to meet with them and influence there decision. I kindly asked if there was anything else needed or if they had any reservations to please allow me another opportunity to speak with them. Being in southern California this was highly unusual to only have a phone interview. But as I said I felt like overall it went well. I called my recruiter back that afternoon to let him know it went well, and asked what the next steps were and anything further I could do. His attitude and communication seemed to come across aggravated and confused why I called. Again in my job search I have had recruiters that encourage a call back after to go over how it went and the next steps. But overall I was hopeful because I had all the experience they required for the position. I followed up about once a week leaving voice mails for my recruiter which were not returned. Finally after about 2 and half weeks I called the hiring manager and left a voicemail that I was still very interested. Its been several weeks now and I'm not going to follow up any further as it is likely I was not selected.

I've been interested in working for this company for sometime. The job posted matched my experience and what I look forward to do in the future. I did all of the traditional steps one would do when they are interested in an opportunity. Once I interviewed I didn't receive one call after that. I felt this was extremely unprofessional. I could have at least been given the common courtesy of a phone call or email to let me know I was not selected. Also the company job site doesn't give you a status on your application to let you know if you are still being considered or declined. So I had not way of checking up on my application other then thru Steve, which was a waste of my time. Perhaps after how I have been treated I may not want to work for this company if this behavior is acceptable.

Interview Questions