Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.7

Geology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Email with HR, phone interview with geology team, background check, drug screen....
    Interview was very simple. Freeport doesn't do prerecorded video interviews. Make sure to send a CV with your resume. Also, send in relevant research. Geology is very competitive so only apply if you are pursuing a MSc.

Interview Questions

• What classes have you taken that relate to mining?
      What type of safety experience have you had in the past and how did you handle it?
      Do you work well in a team environment?
      Have you interned before?
      How can your other internships add to this internship?   1 Answer

Metallurgical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (Tucson, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Ten minute phone interview, they only went over each of my working experiences as listed on my resume, asked me how and what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work there.
    No behavioral questions.
    Finally asked if I had any relevant information to add to my resume.
    No additional questions.

I received an email a couple of days later telling me no.

Human Resources Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I had an initial 30 minute phone interview/screen with a member of the staffing team, and she let me know that she would be passing along my information to the hiring manager. I waited about two weeks to hear back because the hiring manager was out of town, and received communication from an HR coordinator (different person than the phone screen) and she had me compote some pre interview paperwork, got me scheduled for my interview and sent me a packet of information to review regarding who I would be interviewing with, where to park, directions, etc. The interview itself was about an hour long. I met with an HR manager for about 20 minutes, followed by a 40 minute meeting with the director of HR and an HR supervisor (who would be my potential boss). Conversation was formal, but also laid back. All 3 people that I met with were very nice and professional. The HR manager that I met with and the HR supervisor gave me their cards, and encouraged me to reach out if i had any questions. I sent everyone that I had contact with a thank you email, but didn't get a response. It's been about a week and a few days since my interview and I still haven't heard anything. The entire process started on March 2nd, 2017. It's now the 28th. I'm still feeling hopeful, however!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to complete several projects and how you balanced your priorities   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by a small panel from different locations which had openings for a chemistry intern. The interview took about 30 minutes and consisted mostly of questions and answers. Everyone was very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold in February 2017.

Interview

I had applied online and after a month I got a call for a telephone interview. The panel was described to be of 3 senior engineers from different locations. However during the interview only one guy asked questions the other being on the line. The interviewer was very supportive and did not start until he was assured that I was totally relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Some basic questions about my past internship experience, my grad, undergrad course projects, capstone projects were asked (all which I had included in the resume). Scenarios were given and I was asked what would I do during such a scenario. (Team member not co-operating; senior colleague not considering safety). Being a mining company, high power operations are involved thus safety is an important concern. Questions are centered around safety. I was asked to describe a situation when things happening around me were not being done safely and what could have been a safe method to do the same thing.   Answer Question

Metallurgical/Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

It was very easy going and relaxed interview. Applied in January, received a call for interview within 2 weeks, Interview was very easy with no technical questions and 2 women were in the panel for this telephonic interview. Received Offer Letter within 20 days of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Freeport?
      Why do you have interest in this mining industry?
      What made you to select this stream of education?
      Tell me about past internship experiences?
      What challenges did you face there?
      How did you tackle those Challenges?
      Tell me of a situation when you saw safety being harmed and how did you correct it?
      Tell me about a situation when you were leader of a group, and saw one of the members not working properly?
      Did you confront him?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (Mesa, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Submit application online, receive an email to schedule a phone screen within a week, and phone interview after 3 weeks. Everything is normal and smooth, the phone interview has three interviewer, two engineer and one HR, the HR speak very fast. It contains the working history and education history. People are nice.

Senior Role Interview

Application

Interview

One month Phone screen, 3 Months phone interview, 2 month site interview. It is a long process. But I don't wonder this for such a big corporation. Looks like every thing they are making sure for the right candidature

Interview Questions

• job related and managerial skills while overlapping tasks.Knowledge wise questions Site tour and feel about related field. Every thing is cool and people are greatf0   Answer Question

Support Equipment Operator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I was very nervous but it was a real easy-going interview. I applied Dec 16th, four days later I got a call to set up a phone-screen, which was done on 1/2/17. After that I waited until 1/30, that's when I got a call to set up an actual phone-interview (conference call with 4 members of upper-management). It was set-up for the day after, which was 1/31. The interview was very easy-going. They had me read through my resume and highlight important details, they asked me if I was familiar with the area, and explained to me the schedule they run. They said they would talk to their secretary to set up a person-to-person interview. I will update you guys when that happens.

Interview Questions

• Read through your resume and highlight important details about your experience...   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Normal questions, about past experience and school classes. screen interview, then a week after 2nd interview with hr and sr engineer, 4 weeks after on-site interview. in all interviews, they were very nice which make you feel comfortable. Freeport is a good company to work for, with a lot of good benefits

Interview Questions

• What is the Reliability engineer ? give an example   1 Answer