Freeport-McMoRan Core Logging Geologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Core Logging Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morenci, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan (Morenci, AZ) in November 2010.

Interview

It first started with a return call to one of FMI's recruiters. Then I spoke to the head of the Geology Department. He gave me very detailed information about where the department and the company were headed, their budget, reserves, and overall selling me on the position. Because the mine is in such a remote place, it was a three-day process: arrive on the first day; panel interview, presentation, lunch, concise mine tour and town tour on the second day; and leave on the third day. HR was very responsive and accommodating with making travel arrangements. They paid for my rental car, flight, lodging, meals, gas for the rental car, and mileage to and from my home airport. I actually made money by going. Even though I did not get the position, I am still grateful for the experience.

Some advice: if you are required to give a presentation as part of the interview process, wear a watch. There was a clock in the presentation room, but it did not work. Also, do not be afraid to ask questions. You should interview them as much as they interview you. Six to eight good questions shows that you are serious and that you have done research on the company. No questions is a bad sign for them and reflects poorly on you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you think workplace ethics were violated in your current position or a former position.   Answer Question