Freescale Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Freescale Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Chandler, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

It was an onsite interview with three team members for about 2 hrs 30 min. Team members are from digital, analog and Mixed signal background. Team manager asked about the courses I did in school. He explained briefly about the project and what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly based on my resume and previous experience.
      One interviewer asked about basic amplifier questions and one about PLL.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview

I met recruiters at my school's career fair, where they offered me an interview. The interview was very straightforward. They reviewed my resume and we discussed my background. Then he talked about his job a little and about the company as a whole.

Manufacturing Tech Interview

Interview

Look, the interview is the least predictable tool for future perfomance. It ranks dead last. 1000's of studies have been done to prove this simple fact. The people at Freescale are clueless to this knowledge. If you are a BS'r, all you need is a good script to lie about your qualifications. You will get hired.

Interview Questions

• They will ask a question that has no answer. They want to make you squirm a bit. Be honest, have them repeat the question several times, but do not answer. Just say I do not understand the question therefore I will not proceed to give an answer for a solution to a problem I do not understand. Which of course is the correct answer.   Answer Question

Design Verification Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in September 2014.

Interview

Just talked about my background and the most impressed project I did.I talked about the graduate project I am doing now, and some back ground about the company. The interviewers are very nice.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through the career fair of my university. I received a call later in the afternoon for a 1-1 interview scheduled for the next day.
    The interviewer asked only behavioral questions - strength, weakness, interests. We went through all my CV. He said they will reply in two weeks time.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions - you have to prepare and show that you are prepared to be able to answer the questions as fast and relevant as possible.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Had a brief interview over the phone (about 15 minutes) with a software analyst that worked within the company. It was a very casual interview. The interviewer kept everything quick and to the point, but they allowed me to ask as many questions as I desired after they were done asking me their questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about what kind of programming languages I had experience in.   Answer Question

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in August 2014.

Interview

It is a phone interview. I was interviewed by the engineer in the group. We talked about my background and the projects I have accomplished. And then she asked me some problem solving question.

Interview Questions

• What are TCP and UDP? What are the differences between them?   Answer Question

MEMS Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

The process took three weeks. There where two rounds. Phone interview was straightforward. Onsite demanded us to do most of the talking and were judged by that. There were 7 one on one interviews. It was very exhaustive but a learning experience.

Interview Questions

• There were not many difficult questions. They ask from the resume and then mostly HR questions.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

Full day interview broken into 30 minute interviews with various team members. Most disciplines were represented including senior management. Focus was on how to business was won in previous role. Customer relationships and general industry knowledge. Team was very open on the interview process and the skills they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions relating to Freescale product specific information.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the job posting. I was contacted by the hiring manager through e-mail and he set up a time for phone interview. Phone interview was less than 30 minutes long. He came back saying he would like to bring me for onsite interview. Onsite interview was from 9 AM - 2 PM including a 1-hour lunch break. Interview was cool. I appreciate the way interviewers handled each round. My hiring manager initially gave me an overview about the team and scope of the role for which I was being interviewed. I did not feel like the interview was particularly tough, but I enjoyed the rounds.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked me to draw state machines to detect a particular pattern. I was not really prepared for it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was completely happy with the offer considering the work, team, city and money.