Freescale Semiconductor Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Freescale Semiconductor Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Mostly Technical questions, basics of OS and Computer Architecture will help. Since my interview was for so software role so no electronics stuff was asked. Some puzzles were also asked as part of the process. Total 3 interviews were taken. Two technical and one HR.

Interview Questions

• Was asked a ques mixing computer architecture and OS fundamentals. Mainly regarding caches   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Freescale Semiconductor

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview

The process was quite good. There were no programming questions, just went over the background, asked about some previous projects, knowledge/familiarity abt different tools/technologies.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview

Phone interview, non-technical. Some behavioral question about the team work, like how do you deal with the situation when people have disagreement, what do you do if the team member don't spend time on his job... Asked about why do you choose computer science, and what is the biggest decision you've made... The most difficult part in one of your project... Last the manager asked if you have any question you would like him to ask you and if you have any question to ask him...

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview

Get a phone interview after career fair. Ask about my motivation, some background checks on device driver programming and algorithm. No detail technical question asked. Then some behavior questions about what is your next 5 year plan.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2013.

Interview

on campus interview. Did ask any coding questions, just asked about why I chose major in CS and why I want to work with them. I didn't get the offer, but they didn't actually contact me about that.

Interview Questions

• try to contact the recruiter if you don't hear from them for more than three weeks after interview   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in May 2008.

Interview

This might be a little bit special case as Freescale was trying to setup a local sw team from the group of motorola who get just layedoff. There was a close relationship between these two companies and you know most of the persons. Therefore the interview is kind of general and many are puzzle or high level questions.

Interview Questions

• how to deal with a big project   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in January 2011.

Interview

The interviewers are very kind. It's like talking with other people other than an interview The questions are now hard but require background or corresponding experience in the field. Though the questions are basic, you need to have a solid foundation of the field so that you can answer it completely to meet the requirement.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Bucharest (Romania)) in February 2011.

Interview

Sent mail to HR department and was contacted the next week by the HR department.
    There were 2 interviews. A technical one and a HR one. On the third call they presented me their offer.
    1. The first interview covered C language questions, Linux basics networking and assembly language questions.
    a. C questions:
    - how to declare a pointer to an array of pointers to functions that take a char as argument and return an int
    - what does 'volatile' keyword mean
    - how can you use a variable declared in another file
    - what is the difference between a function and a macro
    b. Networking
    - what are the OSI layers
    - what are 802 802.11 and 802.15 groups
    - wireless networks basics
    c. Linux questions:
    - what is crontab
    - what is inittab

2. The second interview with HR consisted of a background check and personality questions.

Interview Questions

Got a better counter-offer from my current employer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in December 2010.

Interview

i first had a written round which consists of some technical questions. then i had 6 rounds of interviews from the TL level to the senior manager level. it also had 2 rounds of HR interviews. in the technical level of interview the main focus was logic and your behavior towards such questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2011.

Interview

it was really pleasant .the room was really comfortable.salaries were negotiated .