Fresenius Medical Care - North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.5

Reimbursement Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockleigh, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Rockleigh, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

I had two interviews scheduled for the same day, the first with the Reimbursement Manager (who later became the Reimbursement Director after which I became the Reimbursement Manager). Apparently, my interview with him went well because he then referred me to the Director of Human Resources who interviewed me for approximately 1.5 hours. The discussion with the Reimbursement Manager lasted approximately one hour, but rather than focussing on me, who would vouch for me and their relationship with me (she spoke with each of them ~ 45 minutes to an hour on the phone according to the references who let me know about her interviews with each of them). the first interview discussed the reason the job was created and how it was not truly a reimbursement (and pricing) supervisor position; rather it was more a Federal Healthcare Policy Compliance Supervisor position due to an OIG investigation of SRM's earlier incarnation, LifeChem, also a the American lab division of Fresenius Medical Care -- N.A. (AKA FMCNA). The Reimbursement Mgr and I had another connection -- we both had worked at Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. We discussed our positions there, which were very different and how we felt about healthcare fraud. I had created and taught a course teaching healthcare claims examiners how ti recognize and report fraudulent claims submitted for payment.
    The Human Resources Director discussed with me my philosophy regarding supervising and evaluating employees, how I would handle an underperforming employee.. She asked me how I handled such situations in the past. I discussed how i dealt with such situations in the past. She asked me for my most challenging situations I had ever dealt with as a supervisor, and I discussed two: one which occurred while I was on maternity leave. My supervisees told the supervisor who was supervising them while I was out that an issue had come up only "Deborah could handle." Of course that was untrue, but my fellow supervisor and I had a lunch date, and she begged me to come in, even though I was carrying my 5-week old along with me. My fellow supervisor was one of my best friends, and I couldn't say no to such a good friend. This issue had to do with one employee having issue with another's sexuality although it was paranoid perception on the gay employee. Another issue had to do with an poorly trained, under-performing employee, who should not have been in the position she had been placed in. I made sure she was neither terminated nor demoted but moved to a more appropriate position. She asked me about my various assignments, and I explained my assignments to her, how I had been given the most difficult assignments regarding personnel in my department. I was assigned a deaf woman who had never been assigned complex and diverse policy before. She was extremely rigid in her daily schedule, and I had to teach her the flexibility necessary for the policy she now had to code via the data entry she was now expected to do as her job. At the same time I was assigned a group of temp employees, one of whom was my next door neighbor whose son had been stealing packages of baseball cards left at our door while we were at work. I dealt with it, as I explained during my interview, I never brought it up and treated him as I did every other employee, temp or permanent. Work is work, and our private lives are just that . . . our private lives. Another difficult personnel issue to which I was assigned was matep-mother-inlaw/step-daughter-in-law combination where the son-in-law seriously resented his step-mother. I'm not sure why I was assigned these difficult personnel issues, but I was also assigned difficult presentations of complex material, several times with less than a half hour's notice, but until I got ill (I went through a period during wich, in 2.5 years time, I hd over 10 major knee surgeries, causing my performance to get worse. It's been a long time since then, and I am ready to return to work. I could have been dishonest here, but I refuse to be. I had breast cancer twice since 2009. I;m okay now, and in any interview, would blow you and any of your clients away. I'm brilliant and up to any challenge, as the interviews I've just described illustrate.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging situation I was ever confronted with?   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Westchester, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

They only provided an overview of my job responsibilities.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Either you accept the offer or you don't get the job.

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Concord, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. This was a "quick-turn" interview process, the first interview was on-site. Had 1 week from being notified of the position to travelling across the country to interview for the position. Multiple candidates interviewed for various positions. The on-site interview day included lunch and dinner, although a local candidate opted to not attend the dinner. Not offered the position - alcohol was offered at the dinner with a table of 10 people, unsure if having 1 drink of alcohol from a shared pitcher to appear sociable contributed to not being offered the position.
    *** Was told the hotel would be paid by Fresenius. Upon arriving, the hotel attendant informed me I needed to have my personal card in the system for incidentals. The $342.34 bill for the room was charged to my personal credit card, Fresenius did not reimburse me as promised despite asking both the recruiter and the Fresenius HR employee multiple times. If traveling on-site, recommend not giving the hotel your personal credit card.***

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in moving across the country for this position? Do you have any family or friends nearby?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a place in mind to move in to?   1 Answer

Clinical Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in October 2015.

Interview

Interview with Director of Operations and Regional Vice President. I was already an employee with the company so I was able to work with the current staff before starting

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you handle conflict?
      Which Company Core Value to feel you best model?   1 Answer

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Savannah, GA).

Interview

Manager was knowledge. Knew how he wanted his clinic run and seemed to be strong willed & confident of his employees. Asked me lots of questions about my expectations of the job. I was interviewed by the manager but his boss sat in on the interview. The manager gave me his vision on how he wanted the flow of the clinic and I really liked that. He gave me the feeling of security and assertiveness.

Interview Questions

• What pay am I looking for & hours?
      Was I willing to work overtime?
      Was I looking to further my career?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Waltham, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was very thorough in asking questions gauging my skills and abilities. Took the time to answer any questions I had and was extremely professional. Definitely set the stage for a good interview process. Took the time to show me around the building and discussed benefits before starting the interview itself. Really made me feel at ease. Ended up interviewing with recruiter, hiring manager and then hiring managers supervisor. All three were very easy going and it felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that I had to deliver a project on time that wasn't going as planned?   1 Answer

Bio Med Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

2 interviews with the clinical manager, area manager and the regional manager. They all take turns asking questions about experience and past employment. I had to fill out a 100 question survey about the job but it was logic questions mainly. The questions was pretty basic and well organized. They ask me about flexiblity and working outside routine hours. Whats my outlook 5 years out and many other questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

• As bio med whos your customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given an offer and time to accept the offer or counter with the compensation department.

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Concord, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Two different interviews with a manager and the next with his boss. The managers boss didn't seem interested in the entire process and was focused on other things. On the bright side I got taken out to eat pizza during the first interview, that was likely the best part.

Interview Questions

• I took a test on engineering principals   1 Answer

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Houston, TX).

Interview

Challenging interview process. They do good job with the phone screening based upon your results on a personality and aptitude profile. The interview in person included the other directors, the Regional Vice President. Once making it past this level, an interview with the Group Vice President over the phone is the next step.

Pct Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Mansfield, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me after I filled out an on-line application. From there I had a one on one interview with the Clinic Manager in my area. It was a Job Fair type setting , with other prospective employees.

Interview Questions

• what do you consider your greatest achievement?   1 Answer

Negotiation

After the interview, I was sent a formal offer via postal service. I did in fact accept the initial offer, and e-mailed my response to the recruiter.