Fresh and Easy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fresh and Easy (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Hiring and interview process started with an initial contact through the phone by the recruiter. The questions by the recruiter consisted of general behavioral questions and a question regarding favorite F&E product. The interview round was at the corporate office with a manager. The questions by the manager consisted of general questions regarding academic background and technical skils.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fresh and Easy (Riverside, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

was very extensive and took months to receive an answer. fairly simple interview. scope of the job and the capabilities were explained well. nothing was ambiguous and all questions were answered. interviewer was honest and up front about the expectations and the job role

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous experience and work history   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fresh and Easy (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was recommended by a former coworker. I sent my resume and then had a telephone interview and then was brought in for a group interview. I was recommend by a former co-worker that now worked there.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fresh and Easy (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

simple short fast, They used a cheat sheet or standardized question form that all new hires receive, more questions asked for a simple position and would suit a store manager but it felt robotic and unrehearsed or "canned"

Interview Questions

• do you like constant change ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their way or highway, pay rate "Set in stone" There is no room for negotiating better hours especially working a graveyard shift, It can be a circus. I tried for additional pay and was promised more after a year but when the year came around the promised raise never did

Anonymous Employee in Eagle Rock, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fresh and Easy (Eagle Rock, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Very brief. A few questions about my experience, then a "how would you solve this problem" type of question. By the time I got to my car they called my cell phone and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you coach an emplyee who doesnt want to follow "your" way of doing things?   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fresh and Easy.

Interview

Complete on line application. You will be called for a personal interview with the hiring manager. Questions will be Easy enough, just be truthful. Drug testing will happen, so if you can't pass the test, don't even bother applying. Also expect a background check.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time in which you saw someone being treated poorly and you stepped in to help   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fresh and Easy (Riverside, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Apply online...you can come by in person as well. Schedule interview, same day drug test...get call, email...work.
    Just be really active, and know that although you do need to apply online regardless...you can still be hired before you even submit it. But always start by applying online, if the job is posted. Some managers do not post online, because they do not want to be hounded by calls/visits. So don't be afraid to walk in with resume, dressed well and ask to speak with a hiring manager. I was hired before I could even apply, then they posted it online..then I filled out online application.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fresh and Easy (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2009.

Interview

More than 20 years retail experience, applied for a position as a part-time Associate to get my foot in the door. Went in for the interview, the guy told me that they had no open positions for management. I said I knew that, that wasn't what I was applying for. He repeated it three more times, I said yes, I know, each time. He asked all the usual 'values' questions everybody seems to use these days, nothing to do with actual experience. Finally he asked about my home life, and I mentioned that I was caregiver for a relative. Suddenly he smiled and said that up to that point, the interview hadn't been going well, but right there, I "opened my heart" to him, and that was apparently what he was looking for. He had a store to place me in, all that was needed was a 24 hour background check. Apparently they misplaced my paperwork, because that was what they told me every couple days for the next six weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked almost nothing about experience or retail. Most difficult question for me was, "What are you most proud of?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, they had a standard pay scale and contract for everyone.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fresh and Easy (Long Beach, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online through indeed.com. I received an email to go to a mass interview session about a month or two later.The first interview is a screening with basic questions like, Who are you? Why do you want to work for us? Tell us about your leadership experience. The second part if you get passed along is with a district manager or some store managers. The scripted interview questions are centered around "sense of urgency", organization, team leadership, and who is your hero. If you pass and are hired you will immediately be sent out for a drug test and sign a release form for the background check. The process takes anywhere from 2-3 weeks. You will get calls at odd hours from the U.K's recruitment center along the process. After your background gets back you will receive an email with the location of your first store/training store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were racing against time? How did you react? What did you do? etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation what you are offered is what you get.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fresh and Easy (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Direct interview with District Manager. It was an open application and on the spot interviews at an upscale hotel conference room. There were multiple Managers and District Managers holding interviews.