Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2018

3.2

Entry Level Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I was told that there were three rounds. I only went to the first one. I met with three different people, none of them were attorneys. I thought it went really well but I did not get called back for a second round.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a difficult situation and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

There were multiple rounds with partners and associates. Most of the interviews were 1:1 but there was at least one round with two partners present.

The interviews were about 20-30 minutes in length. As expected, partner/counsel interviews were a bit longer and more substantive. Associate interviews tended towards culture and fit assessment. Well-rounded process. At the time of my interview, there was equal emphasis on culture and fit, in addition to legal/technical ability. The firm was more aligned with the positive aspects of the UK/EU culture. My sense is that this has changed recently. Partners with a longer history with firm and/or experience in other offices have a greater appreciation for culture than many of the newer associates or lateral partners.

Interview Questions

• How would a friend describe your best and worst three qualities?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for associates; likely different for counsel and partner hires. Flexible and friendly when discussing start dates. Overall positive and transparent process.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through my university's career website. Made it through three rounds of interviews, was not called back for a fourth.

The HR staff was unprofessional towards me throughout all three rounds. They managed scheduling very poorly and were unclear about their intentions. It took me 4 weeks before I heard back from any HR person regarding the status of my application after I took the standard 2 week protocol before calling and emailing my HR contact.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about being a paralegal?

Why Freshfields?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in November 2011.

Interview

I responded to an ad on the internet the client responded within 2 minutes of me posting. We spoke for about 15 minutes about my experience. Two days later the client call me to tell me that they wanted to use my services relating to a legal litigation presentation in Power Point. I worked for 5 days over 14 hours a day til finish. Client was extremely happywith my performance and was recommended to other clients within Freshfields

Negotiation

$40/hr

Summer Vacation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2017.

Interview

First, there is an online application. After around two weeks, I received an email that I had to complete a written assessment online within a week. Two days later, I was invited to an interview which lasted for around 50 minutes.

Vacation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Had two interviews, both lasting an hour and both with two people. This was after a short test where you were asked to modify and correct an email. The interviews were rigorous but felt fair, and their feedback afterwards was useful and appreciated.

Summer Vacation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2017.

Interview

there's a phone interview from the HR and it's asking you some basic questions about yourself. it's just a light conversation but it took for around 50 minutes. The HR person is a bit intense. Overall she asked me a lot of questions relating to my shortcomings and scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you have encounter a lot of drawbacks and how you overcome them.   Answer Question

Vacation Scheme Interview

Interview

Applied online
    Phone interview
    Assessment day
    Interview with two associates and a partner.
    Then received a tour of the firm from new trainees. Which I believe is still an extension of the interview.

Human Resources Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview lasting 30 mins checking that my experience matches the role. Then there was a two step face-to-face interview -The first was with the HR Manager and the program manager. I then had a following interview with the global head of transformation. What was really disappointing was despite going through a three stage process and completing all stages of the interview, I wasn't given any feedback on whether I was successful or not. I had no point of contact so I don't know who my recruiter was as I had had different people contacting me to update me on the hiring process. So overall whilst the people I interviewed with were pleasure to meet, the hiring process itself and communication was extremely poor.

Interview Questions

• What about your experience makes you suitable for this role?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

After I sent my application, they called to set up my interview. I visited their office for the 1 hour interview + tests. The tests were a cite check and a logical thinking test.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challanging experience and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question