Fried Frank Harris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fried Frank Harris Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2017

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Interview

More than one interview. Time to talk with associate(s) as well as partner(s). Be prepared for phone interview then in person. Associates very casual. Resume and writing sample fair game.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fried Frank Harris (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

First there is an on campus interview with a Partners and then a callback, at the firm, with two associates and two partners. The partner will continue to ask questions about the legal issue, so you need a well developed answer.

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fried Frank Harris.

Interview

Such a terrible experience. At the in-person interview, the HR rep tells me that the salary is actually $10k less than what she told me over the phone. She was also very patronizing, telling me that the position warranted this decreased pay because it was "very fun" and that it paid more than my internship (note: it's a law firm, how fun can it be? and of course, a full-time position pays more than an internship). Once I left, I immediately withdrew my application. I definitely did not expect such a big law firm to mislead and demean applicants.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in the corporate environment of a law firm?   Answer Question

Attorney, 1st-Year Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fried Frank Harris (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I had one round of interview at the job fair and thereafter I got a callback interview at their office in New York. I had many callback interviews, but the people I met at Fried Frank were very different. Right from the attorney recruitment coordinator to each of the partners and associates I met, everyone was so warm and genuinely interested to know about the candidate. This, in my experience, was stark opposite of what I felt went I went to a few other law firms in New York.

Interview Questions

• They are interested in people, who are looking at the firm for a long term.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fried Frank Harris (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I was reached out to by a third-party recruiting agency. They handled all negotiations/scheduling with the firm. I met with an HR lady, who was friendly in one breath, and somewhat condescending in another. I had two in-person interviews, the first a woman that would be my most direct supervisor and then the second time with two other members of the team. The process was easy and very quick. They wanted the financial details up front. They also wanted me to commit to a "tentative" low-ball offer before bringing me in for a second interview. In the end, I turned down the offer for a few reasons. 1.) They low-balled me and throughout the process, it was very clear they were trying to get me for the lowest price possible, regardless of my credentials. There was no secrecy about that. 2.) compared to other law firms (I've worked for two very large int'l Am Law 100 firms and know people at firms all over the city), their benefits are terrible. The insurance contribution is nearly 3x what I paid at my last firm and the PTO is terrible (a week less than I started at my last firm with and you get much less during your first year because you accrue nearly nothing in your first 90 days). Their COO recently came over from Goldman and the policies he's implemented were no more obvious than in the benefits. 3.) What I've seen on Glassdoor/heard from former employees. The marketing department has a terrible reputation and an extremely high turnover rate.

All in all, aside from the HR woman I met with, the people seemed decent, but they did themselves a huge disservice when they took for granted what it would take for me to leave my current job. I understand they're a business and they're trying to save money, but placing so much stress on the financial aspect and lowballing me, I didn't feel valued at all during the process.

Interview Questions

• Did you look _____ up on LinkedIn?   1 Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fried Frank Harris (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a panel of eight or nine attorneys. The questions were pretty straightforward--there were no big surprises. However, one of the partners on the panel did not seem to click with me, which really guided the entire interview. Most of my responses to questions, and my questions to the panel, were misconstrued by him, which made it difficult to make my case for why I was a good fit and qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why did you do a state clerkship as opposed to a federal clerkship?   Answer Question

Communications Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fried Frank Harris in November 2014.

Interview

Applied on their website and received a call from the HR Manager about a week later. While I'd like to work at Fried Frank, the phone interview with the HR Manager was unpleasant, and rather condescending. She mainly asked about my career goals, and never once told me anything about Fried Frank and what the position entails. I was more baffled when she asked me what freelancing was—twice. I don't plan to hear from her again as I got the impression that the interest deteriorated after hearing her heavy sighs on the phone while I was speaking.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fried Frank Harris (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

The process started with an on-campus interview by a partner, followed by a callback which involved meeting four partners in about two hours at the firm's offices in NYC. The entire process was completed in about two weeks - I received my callback two days after the screening interview and the actual callback interview was the following week. Everyone I met - from HR to the partners and associates - was great to deal with and very good at answering my questions and making me feel at ease.

Associate Interview

Interview

It is a standard interview process like any other OCI. They most likely look at quantifiable credentials and rank people in order and as long as you are normal during the interview the interview is not hard, but I have not idea what their metrics are for selecting people from each school, etc.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fried Frank Harris.

Interview

Met with two partners and two associates. We had incredibly friendly and pleasant conversations about my resume. Also I also had plenty of time to ask questions. They changed the interview schedule around a bit because one interviewer was stuck in a meeting. The recruiting department is simply amazing! They do their best to accomodate your needs. Nice art in the office.