Friendly's Ice Cream Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Friendly's Ice Cream Interview Questions in Boston, MA

2.0

Friendlys Fountain Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (Plymouth, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I sat in a booth in the back of the restaurant until someone was ready to interview me. Everyone was very nice and friendly, even asked if I wanted anything to drink while I waited. Interview was very relaxed, and when it was over interviewer said she would call me if I got the job.

Senior Director Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Interviewed in a satellite office, then via phone with CEO. Negotiations and job offer happened on phone. I met first with HR by phone. Then, my boss to be, then a phone interview with the CEO. Both my boss and the CEO did most of the talking. I answered very few questions and the ones I did were very standard.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Friendly's.
      Talk about your work style.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was friendly. They were very reasonable, and generous with my requests. I negotiated a sign on fee which they agreed to.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wareham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (Wareham, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

My brother had worked there and understood that 2 previous cooks had quit so with my expereince it was extremely easy to get a job. I was highy quallified and just looking for a second part time job. They asked a few questions and was extremely impressed with my resume and the fact that I even brought one. I was more expereinced then their current lead cooks and had servsafe certified. I feel that I was hired before I was interviewed.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer
    • Do you anticipate any problems when working with your brother?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They had salary guidelines. Since this was a second job I wasn't looking for anything big just gas money. I asked what the guidelines were and said that I was highly qualified and asked for two dollars more. He could offer one for now and speak to his regional manager for more. I never heard later whether he asked for more as I didn't get a higher pay.

Fountain Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoneham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (Stoneham, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

The process was fairly simple. Applied online and completed a competency exam. A call was made and a preliminary interview was setup. Went in, sat down for 20 minutes with the GM who asked me questions about myself while explaining the model of the restaurant. She was very informative and polite.

Interview Questions

• I was asked where I saw myself within the company in 2 years. I did not have much of an idea of this, so I did not have an answer. The GM was very understanding of this and did not make me feel awkward or stupid for not being able to answer the question. I assume the question is asked to see how the applicant deals with pressure.   Answer Question

Friendlys Fountain Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (Natick, MA) in February 2008.

Interview

Applied in store. Got a call for an interview. Interview took about 30 minutes. Covered what the job was and my background. Got a call 48 hours later and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• After being showed around. I was giving a book to read and had to teach myself on the most part.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me how much it was an hour.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (Exeter, NH) in February 2007.

Interview

Basic fill out an application, as long as you don't have a bad record and have availability you should get an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple questions like, how do you feel about teamwork and where do you see yourself in a year? Really easy questions and as long as you work hard and can work flexible hours you'll get the job.