Friendly's Ice Cream Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

1.3

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Servers Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview

very quick, asked about prior experience. Only lasted about 5 minutes and was offered the job on the spot. The following day I had a standard orientation where you had to watch films and answer questions. Trained for about a week before I was serving on my own.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Friendly's Ice Cream

Anonymous Employee in Glassboro, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (Glassboro, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very brief. I was basically told about the qualifications of the job. The interview was about 15 minutes and I was asked to bring my information on my first day of work.

Anonymous Employee in Hockessin, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (Hockessin, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very brief. I was interviewed and hired in the same day. I was sat down in a one on one setting with the manager. Extremely informal, and the most important part of the entire process was my availability and people skills. As long as you show them that you are not a zombie and that your entire week is available for them to fill, you have yourself a job.

Interview Questions

• how does your previous work experience help you in this job? Most important question was when are you available   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview

My sister worked there so all i had to do was turn in an application and they gave me an interview. The interview was with the assistant manager. She did not ask a lot of questions so it was quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (York, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was called back for a second interview with a different manager, but missed the call; that manager will not be in until Friday. Generally I just applied, went in when called and filled out another application for her to go over. Host offered me a drink but I refused.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, she just went over my application and asked a few questions, noting that it'd be my first job and that I had limited transportation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West York, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (West York, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Usual interview met with the general manager first than with the assistant manager. It lasted about an hour total. The general manager went over my resume and asked general questions about myself and my work experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Well I went in person because my teacher told me too, and when I did, I saw a family friend. She helped me out by doing the interview and giving me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Camillus, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (Camillus, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I sat at a table with the manager and was asked a few questions about my past experience. It was more of an informal interview. The manager just wants to see your personality and whether you would be a good fit. I would just recommend to just be yourself. If you can socialize and communicate with people well and are happy spirited, there should not be a problem.

Anonymous Employee in Bel Air, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (Bel Air, MD).

Interview

Walked in, asked if they were hiring, took application home and filled it out, returned on a Tues night at 9pm with application, general manager was there and interviewed me, hired on the spot -- advice: ask when GM will be in and speak with him/her... Otherwise your application will never be viewed by anyone

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the GM asking any unexpected questions, or even any difficult questions. Basically just the routine, Have you been fired from a previous job? Do you have experience? Are you a criminal? sort of questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (Oswego, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied via their website after seeing an ad on Craigslist. I filled it out on a Sunday night, and received a call Monday afternoon to set up an interview for Tuesday afternoon.

I went in, had to wait for the general manager to be done doing something else. After asking me a half dozen times how I was, we began the interview. Very basic questions, about your background and education. I told him that I loved being a server and felt that it was the right job for me. I also told him that I am an unemployed free lance makeup artist (which may be the reason I had no offer) He basically told me "You can say you're a good server, but I can't tell that from having an interview". Ok then.

After all of this, he asked me if I had any questions for him. I asked one question, "How many hours are you hiring for?" He the proceeded to go off on a 10 minute tangent about chicken sandwiches, winter time, college students, how they train servers and how many servers they have at that location.

He never made eye contact with me, checked the time on several occasions and doodled on my application while I was trying to speak to him. Extremely unprofessional.