Froedtert Health Diet Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Froedtert Health Diet Clerk Interview Questions

Interviews at Froedtert Health

1 Interview Review

Diet Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Froedtert Health in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the whole process has taken a month (4+ weeks). I have not been offered yet but made it to the final peer interview, so I am waiting to hear from them. If they are interested, a member of HR will contact you and set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, if they feel you are a good fit they will send you directions to complete references and a survey. The references are submitted by email to the individuals of your choice. They must be at least two managers in your list of references. I suggest you send a quick email, text, or call to your references to tell them to check their email and complete the reference check ASAP. You have to complete this within 24 hours. The survey consists of many, many, repetitive questions about yourself that you rate "agree, slightly agree, slightly disagree, disagree" etc. Once this is completed you will move on in the interview process which I explain below.

4 interviews total:

1st - Phone interview with HR rep who asks about your employment history and a brief background about yourself. This is really to make sure that you are a normal human being and to weed out anyone who applied for a job they don't care about. Everyone in their HR department is extremely friendly, easy going, and give you a great first impression of what it would be like to work there.

2nd - A week went by and I had an in person interview with head of food service department (she is a Dietitian) and a manager in the food service department. They have a sheet of paper with about 10 questions on it that they ask you. Questions range from, "tell me a time you disagreed with your manager" and "a patient calls and they have a hair in their soup, how do you handle the situation" also "what is your greatest accomplishment/success" and "tell me about a time you did not get along with a peer" etc. The head of the department is incredibly genuine and sweet and you can tell she loves her job. We chatted about other topics as well that were individualized to me, not just interview questions, which made me feel comfortable. I was not informed there would be any additional interviews.

3rd - A week went by and I had a phone interview with who I believe was the administrative head for the department but I can not remember specifically what her role was other than she had a large role. She called and it caught me off guard because she immediately introduced herself and asked me if she could ask a few questions regarding how well I work with other people. If you are not great at thinking on the spot I suggest you tell them it is not an ideal time and schedule a time for them to call back. All the questions were behavior and situation based. "tell me about a time you disagreed with a manager and with a peer," "how do you feel about unethical behavior," "do you work well with many projects," "do you work well with a deadline," etc. I believe this interview was in reference to the survey you complete and this is a way for them to clear up any confusion they might have based on your answers that you gave. This lasts about 30 minutes and the woman at the end of the call stated, "well it is so clear that you truly value and enjoy working with other people." It went extremely well and I was not informed there would be any additional interviews.

4th - A week went by and I had an in person peer interview. This interview was with two Diet Clerks (direct peers) and consisted of the same exact interview questions that were addressed in the first in person interview. It was a little disappointing that the same questions were asked. Both individuals were extremely nice but seemed inexperienced in the interview process. The focus was on asking me the questions, making a few notes of my answers, and moving to the next one. After the last question they stated they did not have any questions for me. I asked them a few and that was the end of the interview. Very, very quick interview. One of the diet clerks stated that she would be surprised if I was not offered the job.

So far my experience has been extremely positive and I look forward to working for this hospital.

Interview Questions

• A patient calls and states they found a hair in their soup. How do you handle the situation? (not difficult at all)   Answer Question