FrontRange Solutions Interview Questions in Pleasanton, CA | Glassdoor

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FrontRange Solutions (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Writer, Manager, and technical expert conducted 1/1 interviews. Three half-hour sessions, with each asking different range of questions. Most questions involved information gathering, problem solving. Two of the three interviewers were conversational. The technical reviewer appeared uncomfortable with the process.

Interview Questions

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FrontRange Solutions (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview itself was rather painless although I was grilled by some very bright people that work here. It is a fun environment to work in and being in the company of some very smart people makes coming in to work every day interesting and fulfilling.

I was interviewed separately for the most part with the exception of a group/panel interview of sorts where I was briefly interviewed by the hiring manager and one of my to-be peers. The interviewers were equally interested in my technical knowledge as they were interested in knowing how I had used it to solve difficult problems in past jobs.

Towards the tail end of the interview, the hiring manager went into an overview of the system I was going to work on, presented some challenges they were facing and asked me questions on how they were going to solve it. I took it as a test of measuring how well could I think on my feet, and a real-live demonstration of applying my skills and knowledge to problems they were facing at that moment. I think that portion of the interview sealed my candidacy for the position for the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to look at some code and tell what the intent was.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and the hiring manager met my asking salary. I didn't go into benefits too much other than how much was paid for by the employer and how much was I expected to pay out-of-pocket.