Frontage Laboratories Interview Questions in Exton, PA | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Frontage Laboratories

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Frontage Laboratories (Exton, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was average. Some basic technical questions were asked. There were 3 rounds with different people. One round was a one on one with a member of upper management.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

The pay was too low and they offered a lower position than what I applied for. It seemed unprofessional and they were unwilling to negotiate.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Frontage Laboratories (Exton, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

the hiring process is responsive however the interviewing and candidate selecting process is not very good.

I was asked political questions as in how does your home (middle eastern country) think about America.

Since I am not the typical White caucasian, they assumed I needed visa sponsorship.

All the interviewers did not know how to lead the interview or hold a sensible conversation instead I had to encourage them to ask me questions.

Interviewers were discreetly interested in having me work 50+ hours a week while paying my 10K less than their Chinese employees for the same position (84% of the company is made up of Chinese who are on sponsored visas.) They have to pay the sponsored Chinese employees an industry competitive salary since they are sponsoring the employee and they must submit this information to the federal government for approval. In order to continue their cost-cutting agenda, they pay citizens or resident aliens less than their Chinese sponsored counter parts for the same position as a way to balance their unbalanced books.

By the way I discussed if there was any tuition assistance, I was told yes by the scientists and no by the HR. Further, you don't get paid overtime or time and a half even if you are working 70 hours a week like they want you to.

Besides that, Frontage is a great company to grow in and learn about the Chinese culture.

Interview Questions

• all technical questions
      Ex: do you know how to use HPLC and have you ran it before
      Answer Question