Frontier Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Frontier Communications (Dallas, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Had three interviews. All were conducted remotely. It was an ok process. Nothing negative to share. The positive thing was that the interview process went pretty quickly. I would like to interview with Frontier again for other similar positions in the future.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been doing development within the Telecom industry?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Video Interview, but not with a person. Prompted videos that you were then given a time to respond to. You had the chance to re do your answer once if you messed up.

never heard back

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Frontier Communications (Allen, TX).

Interview

Applied online received call from a recruiter. 1st round of interview on the telephone with the manager. 2nd and final round was a video call with multiple people. They said they will let me know at the end of the week. After that, they completely ghosted me. Extremely unprofassnal company no wonder they have bad review.

Interview Questions

• Behavior base question Tell me about your self? What will you do if xyz happens?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Frontier Communications.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter. Positive 30 min. phone screen/interview. It was left at the recruiter would be talking with senior management that afternoon and to email them with follow up questions, and they would follow up to schedule an in-person interview. After no contact and three follow up emails later (they finally responded to the third), I was told they decided to move in a different direction.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary range? Are you ok with coming into the office part-time and telecommute part-time?   Answer Question

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Submitted resume online. Was approached for an interview 4 days after submitting interview. Phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. Interviewer asked about five questions. All were behavioral type questions (no technical questions).

Digital Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Frontier Communications (Norwalk, CT) in August 2020.

Interview

I applied via the company's on-line job advertisement and approximately 1-1/2 weeks later, I received an automated message via e-mail notifying me that I was selected for a 30-minute "phone screen", which, directed me to schedule a time to talk to a member of their HR team via a web-based calendar.

I participated in a phone screen in the subsequent week. The HR team member who screened me was cordial. They didn't have specifics on the job description; it ended up being a chat to see if they'd like to forward my resume to the hiring manager.

Approximately ten business days went by and I reached out to the recruiter to ask about whether I'd be moving on to the next steps.

I received a reply via phone and it was at that time I was told that I'd have to participate in a one-way, proctored, web-based video "assessment" to evaluate my cognitive, personality and mathematical attributes before I could be connected with the hiring manager. My understanding was that the hiring manager would need the data points from the assessment in order to formulate (I assume behavioral) questions to ask me during an interview. I found the latter to be an unusual approach, as a hiring manager should formulate questions based upon the resume I submitted with my application and during a real-time conversation.

I was told the assessment would take one hour.

After careful consideration, I withdrew my application and did not participate in the assessment and here are the reasons why:

• One-way video assessments and / or interviews have potential to create bias (conscious and unconscious) with regard to a persons' physical likeness.

• The concept of one way video assessments and / or interviews sends a message that the candidate isn't allowed to participate in a conversation. Interviews are supposed to be a two-way conversation from beginning to end because simultaneously, candidates are also interviewing the company.

• One-way video assessments and / or interviews sends a message to the candidate that the company doesn't value the candidates' time enough to personally learn about them—and it gives the company all of the leverage. It is a transactional approach and takes the humanity out of human resources. Candidates want to be treated as humans and not as "data points".

• No candidate should ever submit to an assessment of any kind or do any type of project before meeting a hiring manager and / or establishing that there is mutual interest to on-board. In most states in the USA, there is a 90-day probationary period and that is the only assessment, in my opinion, that should be put forth as it allows the candidate a fair chance to prove themselves.

• Use of predictability software sends the candidate a message that a company is not confident in their ability to curate the correct people on a team.

• Privacy: The candidate has no guarantee that their video and data aren't being archived or shared with people or platforms outside of their job application.

• The premise behind the proposed assessment as I understood it—would have provided no opportunity for me to voice how I could add value, demonstrate my capabilities and was not directly related to the job description for which I applied.

__

To reiterate, the initial phone screen was conducted in a cordial manner. I take no issue with the HR team member or the company.

My personal expectations in how I believe I should be treated—as well as how I believe my time should be respected during the hiring process—simply did not align with this particular company.

__

Disclaimer

Please note that this review is based on my own personal experience and perception and is protected by free speech laws within the jurisdiction of The United States Of America. It is my opinion only and the general public whom engage with this content are encouraged to form their own opinions and do their own independent research. Thank You.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions of significance asked as I participated in a phone screen.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Frontier Communications (New York, NY) in August 2020.

Interview

4 rounds, first with HR, then two with current analysts, then one with the supervisor. Throughout the process it was unclear how many rounds there would be, and in the 4th round when I asked what next steps were (interview or offer/rejection) they told me that did not yet know.the supervisor also told me in the 4th interview that all my previous interviewers had veto power but that he hadn’t spoken to them about me yet - so that I could’ve already been out of the running by then. I felt like my time was being wasted.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I did not yet have a job yet at that point in time though I had just graduated two months before.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Frontier Communications.

Interview

I applied online in 2020. Standard big company procedure. A bit bureaucratic for a chapter 11 company, but that’s somewhat understandable. I spoke to the HR, supervisor, supervisor’s boss and team members. The people are nice and the questions are all standard. I didn't take the offer because the concern on the company’s future. Besides all you see from the news, I do feel the concerning sign of dysfunction in the organization. The HR seems disconnected with the BU. Even within the same chain of command, I can notice confusion and frustration on uncertainty. There is probably a long way to go, if this company actually comes back...

Network Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Frontier Communications.

Interview

Standard big company procedure. A bit bureaucratic (for a chapter 11 company), but that’s somewhat understandable. I spoke to the HR, supervisor, supervisor’s boss and team members. The people are nice and the questions are all standard. I didn't take the offer because the concern on the company’s future. Besides all you see from the news, I do feel the concerning sign of dysfunction in the organization. The HR seems disconnected with the BU. Even within the same chain of command, I can notice confusion and frustration on uncertainty. There is probably a long way to go, if this company actually comes back...

Strategy & Growth Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Frontier Communications (Dallas, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

1st interview with the recruiter. 2nd interview with an analyst joined 2 months ago, who is the same role. Each interview is a 30 minutes phone interview. Most of the questions are asking about my background.

Sales and Service Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Frontier Communications (Freeport, IL) in April 2020.

Interview

I applied for an opening in February just before the COVID 19 shut down. In early April, I was contacted by a local manager who set up a remote interview with himself and the area manager for the following day. The interview went very well. The area manager told me that they were looking to hire two for that position and I could definitely count on hearing back from them in the next couple of weeks. Three weeks went by so I decided to email the local manager and ask for an update. He explained to me that everything was moving forward as planned and that I should be hearing something soon. Another three weeks go by and nothing. I reach out to the local manager a second time to request an update however, this time I get ghosted. No response what so ever. Finally, one week into June I get a generic email with no explanation stating that the position was cancelled.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager do you like to work for?   1 Answer