Frontier Communications Interview Questions in Rochester, NY | Glassdoor

Frontier Communications Interview Questions in Rochester, NY

2.0

Customer Service Representatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Frontier Communications (Rochester, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

My friend referred me for the job. I was a little hesitant. Found the site ok, but no one was at the desk so I had to flag a random person down to let HR know I was there. It was strange cause it was so open anyone could walk in off the street. The interview lasted maybe 30 minutes with general questions. My heart wasn't in it and I think that was apparent. Although I was told I would get a call letting me know, my hopes weren't high and I never got a call. Months later, I am guessing I didn't get the job.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Frontier Communications (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Very easy , h took a assessment got called in for grip interview then a second interview , they then offered me the the job . I had to take a drug test and background check their commission is great and they start at 13.00/hr

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Frontier Communications (Rochester, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

This was a technical phone screen for Linux Systems Engineer team with a member of the team. The recruiter for AWS scheduled the day and time and provided some URLs for material to review along with a collaborative pastebin. The engineer called the provided number at the specified time. After covering the basic details of the position and team, he asked a few easy unix and DNS…

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Frontier Communications (Rochester, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

They were fast to respond and specific as to what they required.
    The process did not waste any time
    After 2 telephonic interviews I met them at the office and it was set.
    The work environment was great. They were helpful in making me comfortable with the system and explaining it.

Internet Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Frontier Communications (Rochester, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Upon arrival for the interview, we were required to take a 30 minute test with 20 questions. Quite literally easy as can be. Then as a group we were interviewed at conference table. The sheet they gave out detailed so many restrictions and rules. sounded like lock down. After the group interview, received an email for a second personal interview in which I didn't attend.

Desktop Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Frontier Communications (Henrietta, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Apply online to Frontier, received emails about coming in for a group interview with about 10 people.
    Then if selected you are brought in for a single interview and fill out paperwork. After that just a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any customer service experience   1 Answer

IT Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Frontier Communications (Rochester, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The first initial interview was a group interview with 10 people total. It was actually very laid back. There were four guys from the company in the room. One guy did all the talking, question asking, provided job description, benefits, start date ect. The other gentlemen were there to observe us to see how we answer questions, err we engaged, paying attention, actively listening, and paying attention. The group interview was about 45 minutes at most. A day later I was called back for a one on one interview. The interview was about 30 minutes with a supervisor who asked about 7 questions about various things. Literally two days later I received the job offer..Very seamless process. Be mindful all contact and communication is done only through email. I think that's very impersonal but that's how they operate. Even the offer was sent by email.I think they should have called to give the offer. So a valid email address is needed.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Frontier Communications (Henrietta, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Online application followed by some long survey on a site I never used again. This was followed by a group interview that included a technical exam that thinned out the group by about half. Technical exam was EASY. Ludicrously easy. Questions about how to ping a website, or booting into safe mode. Drug test I believe came after this, maybe after the one on one. After the technical exam, was called back for a one on one interview, where they made the offer. Six weeks of VERY basic training after and straight to the phones.

Interview Questions

• How do you ping google.com? (Seriously, this was probably the most "difficult" question.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No pay or benefit negotiation, entry level pay, but nice for what the job is.

Infrastructure Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Frontier Communications (Rochester, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Worked with HR representative initially, trading emails at first.
    Submitted application via Red Carpet application which made the process pretty smooth.
    Met with hiring manager as well as we peers, 2 interviews. Mainly seemed like discussion was around seeing if we were a good personality fit than technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a typical application stack you've worked on in detail, specifically explaining details around infrastructure, high availability, load balancing, and capacity considerations.   Answer Question

IS Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Frontier Communications (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Worked with the HR recruiter to negotiate the position and interviewed with the on-site staff and Director. The company was extremely understaffed at the time of my interview. The company was not very progressive with their technology and was certainly behind the times in regards to IT.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that will keep me up at night?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate salary wise. Very flat pay scale.