Frontier Strategy Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Frontier Strategy Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

3.4

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Frontier Strategy Group in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter rescheduled interview last minute, then to only be 10 min late to the rescheduled interview, and a 7 min call. Asked me a basic intro and if I had sales experience. Told me most of my questions I wanted to ask should be asked "next round" and gave very broad, vague responses to the ones I did ask. I've never felt a phone screen to be that much of a pulse-check before. But I'm glad they didn't call me back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Do you have sales experience?
      What do you know about the company?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Frontier Strategy Group.

Interview

One round interview; over Skype and not too intensive, but had to go through two case studies over the phone. Case interviews (country-specific) and some background on work experience. Was about 30 minutes long in total. Got along well with my interviewer and ended up working with him in the same office.

Interview Questions

• Case studies on MNC firms; some understanding of macroeconomy/exchange rages etc.   Answer Question

Project Manager, Custom Research Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Frontier Strategy Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

Involved multiple interviews, a case study and a phone interview with the CEO. I was given less than a week to analyze a data set and prepare a case to be presented to a group of FSG employees. Given that FSG isn't a management consulting firm, or well known, it's unrealistic to ask candidates to endure a highly disorganized and time intensive interview process. Most of the employees I met seemed very sharp, but nearly all of them commented that they have work-life balance issues when I asked during individual interview sessions.
    After all of that time and effort preparing a case study I must have been recommend for hire since I was asked to interview with the CEO. He was unprofessional and a jerk during the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How has your past work experience has prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Project Manager, Custom Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Frontier Strategy Group (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

The HR person aggressively pursued me for several months, and told me I was an ideal fit for the position, but when I finally went in for an interview the hiring manager was on a completely different page and looking for completely different things from candidates. The interview became awkward when it became apparent that the hiring manager and I were stylistically so different that it would be difficult for us to work together.

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Frontier Strategy Group (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online through my school's job listings website and the next day received an email asking if I would be interested in a phone interview. Later that week I had about a 30 phone interview asking about why I would be a good fit, and what skills I had that prepared me for the job. The next week I went in for an interview which consisted of three separate one on one interviews. I received an offer the following week and started a week after that.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to provide code that would go from 1 to 100 and print out "Woo" for every number that is divisible by 3, and "Ha" for every number that is divisible by 5.   1 Answer
    • Everything else was the typical 'what projects have you worked on', 'do you know JSON', 'what is a left outer join'...   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Frontier Strategy Group (Washington, DC) in March 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly rigorous. I would compare it to your standard management consulting style interview, with an initial fit interview via phone, a number of behavioral/professional experience interviews in person, and then a presentation style case study interview for the hiring managers. Overall, about 5-6 interviews total including phone, in person, and a full case study presentation.

Interview Questions

• Frontier Strategy Group would like to examine how leading food and consumer goods companies have approached the challenge of expanding their footprint in Tier 2-3 cities. From a qualitative perspective, what have their experiences been, what lessons have they learned, and what best practices, derived from their experiences, might we be able to recommend to our clients?

You may propose a qualitative approach (rooted in case studies of best practices) to solving the problem, or a quantitative approach (rooted in data analytics) to solving the problem, or some combination of qualitative and quantitative analysis.
      Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Frontier Strategy Group (Washington, DC) in March 2010.

Interview

It was a quick one day process. I met with the Regional Sales Director and EVP to discuss the position. They decided against offering me a job based on lack of experience selling to end user based organizations.

Program Director Interview

Application

Interview

Two contacts, one recruiter

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Frontier Strategy Group (Washington, DC) in July 2008.

Interview

I had several one on one interviews with various team members. I was also given a case study to work on over the weekend, and asked to deliver a presentation to a panel of interviewers the next week. This was for a highly analytical and numbers focused position, and as such the case study involved significant data manipulation and analysis.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 1, 5, and 10 years from now?   Answer Question

Negotiation

10% higher performance bonus.... but I should have asked for more base compensation, as the company slashed all bonuses by 50% as a result of poor financial performance.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Frontier Strategy Group (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Got an email to arrange for an interview the day after I submitted an application. As I was overseas at the time, a phone interview was arranged. The interview date was set the morning after I got the initial email.

Arrangements for the phone interview was smooth, HR caller was accomodating and on time.

Asked some basic questions, interview lasted 18 minutes. Pleasant conversation all around.

Got rejection email a week later, as promised.