Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu

International Trademarks Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I was brought in twice - once for an excruciatingly long test where I took dictation and that tested my Word and Excel capabilities. I was applying for a job in their international trademarks division that would have utilized my foreign language fluency. I was brought back a second time and told that that position had already been filled and that I'd be interviewing for a different position in the US team. I met with three attorneys that day, all of who were great.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do outside of work? Literally they had very few questions for me about real work experience or legal industry knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. There were no unexpected questions and the receptionists were pleasant. There is testing involved in the form of Word, typing and vocabulary assessment; this is something you will want to prepare for. They include a second Microsoft Word test which is difficult to say the least. The interview questions were very straightforward. There was only one round of interviewing prior to receiving a response. The interview process as a whole took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My recruiter shared that there was no negotiations for salary.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Mine was done first with their HR department, then with the attorney and the main assistant.

They also make you do a BS typing test, which, in my opinion, is very unnecessary.

They will check your references. Also super unnecessary, but I guess kinda needed? No criminals or druggies for this firm, thanks.

Interview Questions

• "What do you want to do in five years?"

"Do you want to go to law school?"
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very fast. I was first called for a quick chat with HR about what position they were looking to fill and when I could come in. They scheduled me to come in the same week for an in-person interview with the partner who was hiring. I spoke with the individual and other legal assistants for approximately 30 minutes about my skills, why I wanted to work there; they also told me about the job requirements and expectations. I was then led for some additional testing (easy stuff that I don't think is vital to your offer; I think they basically want to check that you have a grasp of the English language). The testing included a multiple choice vocabulary test, a typing test, and a Microsoft Word test (this was actually the hardest- you get one try to click through Word based on a given task "update the reference for footnote 1", etc.).

After I finished the tests, I went back to HR, was told my scores, and then I was immediately told the salary, start date, and given an offer (same days as the interview). I accepted in the interview, but I believe they would have given me the standard few days to reply.

Interview Questions

• Are you an organized person that can keep track of deadlines?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I think the salary they offer is pretty standard for entry level and you won't be able to talk it up. I did negotiate my start date a bit, but not much (as they were looking to fill a specific position).

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu.

Interview

Barely asked any questions. I was just told a little about the job. They did require a series of typing tests on typing speed and knowledge of the Microsoft suite including word, excel and powerpoint. They also tested for spelling and grammar knowledge. They asked what my 5 year plan was and I said to be a paralegal. They seemed to accept that even though that is my job.

Interview Questions

• Just asked if I was okay with working with people who are known to be difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was strictly take it or leave it. Here is what we offer.

Legal Assistant/Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up the interview. There was a quick chat with HR and a series of word, excel and powerpoint tests. Afterwards, there was the interview with the partner that you would be working with. Definitely knowing your Trademark/Patent procedures is a MUST. They will be highly impressed if you show some interest outside of the standard day to day filing, i.e., news on IP, interest in what the USPTO is doing. Finally, what was the icing on the cake for me was that I personally looked up the partner, knew a bit about his background and we discussed.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions. More general questions about past experience.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu in January 2014.

Interview

At my interview I was told there is so much room for growth and learning. But on the contrary there is no such thing at this firm and they do not accept new ideas, management do not want to change anything. The training process is close to nonexistent they will instruct an individual who has not worked in your division train then the manager.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

The skills testing for word/excel is a waste of time and doesn't matter that much. It's the in-person interview that matters.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.