Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu Legal Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. There were no unexpected questions and the receptionists were pleasant. There is testing involved in the form of Word, typing and vocabulary assessment; this is something you will want to prepare for. They include a second Microsoft Word test which is difficult to say the least. The interview questions were very straightforward. There was only one round of interviewing prior to receiving a response. The interview process as a whole took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My recruiter shared that there was no negotiations for salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very fast. I was first called for a quick chat with HR about what position they were looking to fill and when I could come in. They scheduled me to come in the same week for an in-person interview with the partner who was hiring. I spoke with the individual and other legal assistants for approximately 30 minutes about my skills, why I wanted to work there; they also told me about the job requirements and expectations. I was then led for some additional testing (easy stuff that I don't think is vital to your offer; I think they basically want to check that you have a grasp of the English language). The testing included a multiple choice vocabulary test, a typing test, and a Microsoft Word test (this was actually the hardest- you get one try to click through Word based on a given task "update the reference for footnote 1", etc.).

After I finished the tests, I went back to HR, was told my scores, and then I was immediately told the salary, start date, and given an offer (same days as the interview). I accepted in the interview, but I believe they would have given me the standard few days to reply.

Interview Questions

• Are you an organized person that can keep track of deadlines?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I think the salary they offer is pretty standard for entry level and you won't be able to talk it up. I did negotiate my start date a bit, but not much (as they were looking to fill a specific position).

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Mine was done first with their HR department, then with the attorney and the main assistant.

They also make you do a BS typing test, which, in my opinion, is very unnecessary.

They will check your references. Also super unnecessary, but I guess kinda needed? No criminals or druggies for this firm, thanks.

Interview Questions

• "What do you want to do in five years?"

"Do you want to go to law school?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

The skills testing for word/excel is a waste of time and doesn't matter that much. It's the in-person interview that matters.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.