Fry's Electronics Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fry's Electronics Cashier Interview Questions

1.6

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Interview

Interview was quite simple due to turning rate of employees. There were 2 interviews total. One by the shift manager and second by department manager. Questions were relatively easy. Just the basic stuff and what you could contribute to the company. Since cashier is a customer service position focus on explaining the characteristics that would make you stand out.

Interview Questions

• How have dealt with a difficult client?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fry's Electronics

Cashier Interview

Interview

You would have to wait about two weeks to get an interview, while you get the interview there is a selection process you go through.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was aiming for $9 they negotiated to $8.50.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Austin, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

The hiring process seemed a tad bit rushed. I felt as if they were pretty much only checking my pulse. They threw all these side duties at me, then the minimun wage+commission, then asked if I could pass a drug test. That was pretty much it. I want to accept simply because it's remotely related to my degree field in IT but the seemingly low pay (it was dead every time I went in so I don't trust the commissions as a cashier required to do $10,000 a day!) and all the negative reviews here are making me think twice! Overall though, Fry's has been around for quite some time and I recognize a lot of employees there that have been around a while-I'm a regular shopper there so working there COULD be a good thing....

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever! This is the job, this is the pay, no the base doesn't go up (they actually told me that), and you won't hurt my feelings if you don't want the job (yes they said that too!) so take it or leave it! I took it but don't start for another week so still have the option of staying where I'm at.

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Burbank, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Got called to interview for a seasonal cashier position. I was briefly interviewed by FCO managers and then was sent to the store manager's office where I was asked a few questions before being hired.

Interview Questions

• Technical/software experience?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics in January 2016.

Interview

First of all it was me and 3 other people and I waited there 2 hours before they even interviewed me . Two different people interviewed me and it was quick when they started . And after the sent me straight to take the drug test and when you passed they call you which takes two for orientation .

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work here ? What makes you best fit for this job ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Tempe, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

First interview lasted about 5 minutes. They talked about the job a little, asked about my previous experience then said thank you and said they'd call if excepted for second interview. Second interview was not an interview. Got handed a drug test paper and that was it. In and out the store within minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied in store at the Phoenix location. I brought in my resume and asked to speak to a manager and he gave me an application. I heard back from them about 3 weeks after. they called me for an interview, and I went into the store but they told me that the managers were having a meeting that I had to wait an hour plus. so I went home, and I called an hour later and told them I had to leave(cause I wasn't going to wait that long to get interviewed, like why call if you knew you had a meeting?) so I called and told them it was unprofessional, and they excused themselves and told me to come in again for an interview. I came in the next day and talked to a department manager and she just asked me about my previous jobs and what I liked the most and least about them, very brief. then she said she was gonna get someone else to talk to me. Then the store manager spoke to me, I went into his office and he just asked me a little bit about myself and then told me to do a drug test, and that he had to check my background, and if that turned out fine, that he was going to call me back to get me into the schedule. (still waiting for a call back.)

Interview Questions

• what did you like and dislike about your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Negotiation

just be real.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics in January 2014.

Interview

Short. Very unprofessional. Waited for what seemed like forever, but was only and hour and a half. My interview was conducted right at the check-out registers. No office or chairs. Just out in the open for customers, employees, and other candidates to hear.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (San Jose, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

There were just papers with questions to fill out. Then you will meet with the store manager or Assistant Store Manager for a final interview & once that is done you will go drug test. You have 24hrs to go drug test. Good Luck.

Interview Questions

• How would I like to be a cashier?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Houston, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

my friend who was a supervisor told me to apply and he turned in the app for me and i got a call telling me to be there at a certain time and day for and interview with supervisor #1. got to the interview very simple asked me why i want to work there and gave me the description of the job. supervisor told me to come next day for interview with the department manager and dress code. did the interview told me about the store and the department and told me to come next day for interview with the store manager and dress code. did the last interview with the manager and asked me about my last job why i left and asked if i was good friends with my friend who referred me. i said no just had a couple classes with him in school. ( if you are referred i would suggest not to say your bffs because they will think you will just horse around) at the end of the interview she said ok please take this to the drug testing center and went and took it and passes and was called for a week long orientation training and next week your all on you own.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation