Fry's Electronics Computer Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fry's Electronics Computer Merchandiser Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

1.4

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Renton, WA).

Interview

I was brought to the cafe and met with the department manager. Couple minutes later met with the assistant store manager and asked about where I see myself in a few months in this company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in this company in the next few months.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate anything.

Other Interview Reviews for Fry's Electronics

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Plano, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

It was hectic. You just went to the back registers and someone finally came up to talk to you. I spoke to at least three people and it took them a good minutes to figure out how I am and if I was actually supposed to be interviewed that day. They were not very organized, like ever.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Irving, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

It's a two step process, the first of which is a basic screening of the of the prospective employee. The second is a meeting with the store manager who will tell you what is expected of you and what position is available for you. If you get called back for a second interview, you're most likely going to get a job.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2012.

Interview

After putting my application at Fry's last week after walking in and telling them that I tried several times already, I got a callback the following Saturday for an interview scheduled on Monday. The interview was with the department manager, and he asked quite simple questions about my previous history, experience, projects, etc. I was told that I would get a call back by the end of next week in case the store manager would like to have me in for an second interview.
    The following day in the morning, a call came from some assistant and she asked me to come in for an interview in the afternoon. I was even told to 'wear proper clothes because it's going to be with the manager this time.' The interview with him was very short and really straightforward. I was asked about availability, and said that it would be best to start me off in Merchandising to build experience, so I could move on to Sales. After the interview was finished, I was asked to fill out paperwork about a background check and availability. Right after that I was asked to go to take a drug test, and give the receipt of that test back to Fry's until 3PM the following day, or I wouldn't be able to apply for 6 months.
    A few days later I received a call back to ask me about when I could come in for my orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not even a single mention about salary or commission.

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Renton, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

Go into the store, fill out the yellow job application form. Attach a resume if desired (recommended). Put the form (or form+resume) in the submission box. If chosen, you will receive a phone call soon, say a few days. You will be asked to come back in nice attire with your resume handy, and you will be asked to see a departmental manager, who will ask you a few questions. Answer them as honestly as you can. The departmental manger gives you paperwork. Fill it out. Then go take your drug test as soon as possible. Hopefully you'll receive a phone call within the next few days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Frys?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Just attend the orientation.