Fry's Electronics Computer Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fry's Electronics Computer Sales Interview Questions

1.8

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was brief and informal, done by one of the store's managers, however, presentation (dress code) matters so don't come walking in wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Depending on your experience and which departments have open positions, you are allowed a little bit of freedom to choose where you want to work. The job is retail sales regardless. You will be dealing with customers.

You have to complete a drug test before you can begin working. The paperwork is filled out for you and this is done off-site.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you did at one of your previous job positions.   Answer Question
  • Explain a section of technical experience that you mentioned on your resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fry's Electronics

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied in person, called for interview after a week, the interview was very easy. i was interviewed by a manager to talk about what department i want to work at and my skills then department manager to talk about the paying system then the store manager when i got the job offer and the drug test papers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Webster, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

You will be required to attend three interviews and answer certain questions. Between the interviews you will be asked to take a drug test and come back. Third and the last interview is with the store manager, who also makes the final decision.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Austin, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Application is usually located at a a small table right when entering the store. Always hiring since turn over is pretty high. One interview with store assistance manager or sometimes Customer service Department manager. The interview is short and quick, usually only one round. Most of the time you will be hired as a Customer service associate then you will be assign which apartment you wish to go to after a week or two.

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (City of Industry, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Very easy just got asked the basic questions. nothing to really worry about. Theyve had a lot of changes recently so i dont really know how the hiring process is anymore but i dont think its too bad still

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Burbank, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Submitted an application in store. Within a week an interview was scheduled. 1 not private interview standing in the back of the Burbank, CA location. 2 days later 1 interview with store manager and then I was hired on the spot. Drug Test required within 1 day of being hired.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Just a quick very informal 1:1 Session where I was asked several computer hardware related questions. Make as if a customer wanted to build a computer for a certain ammount and for the purpose of gaming. What I would recommend.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the difference in speed of different models of solid state drives?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. It was straight from the 1:1 with questions about yourself, and finally being told to fill out some background check paper work and the position I would have. During the questions phase they did ask if my schedule was flexible. This would be the time to talk about hours. That's it. No talk of what the pay would be.

Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (South Houston, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 4 person interview each 1:1 interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Duluth, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

New hires must fill out a physical application at the store. Once called in for the initial interview,you will be asked ridiculous questions about computers. They will also see what your selling capabilities are and how to over come objection. You will have at least two interviews. Then you will have to subject to a drug test and training for a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you overcome objection? How would you sell warranty to a customer who talks about Clark Howard?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Plano, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

After following up with a few phone calls, I was finally scheduled a first interview, which also then turned into my second in the same day. The following week, I was called in to do my drug test, and I took the commission + minimum wage offer.